Page 1 of 1

Wonderland Models 1/32 Tamiya sale

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:01 am
by Gav0909
http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/news/ar ... kits-sale/

Might be of interest to someone. Wonderland are selling off Tamiya 1/32 kits at 25% off. Still to expensive for me, but might be good for someone!

If you haven't ordered from Wonderland before, they are great! Postage is around £3, but most of the time they will dispatch either the same day or the next day and postage is usually fast.

Re: Wonderland Models 1/32 Tamiya sale

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:15 am
by Darkblade88
just looked at it them but there still to rich of my pocket

Re: Wonderland Models 1/32 Tamiya sale

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:28 pm
by Colin
I have them all bar the Tomcat, glad I bought them when I did, even at 25% off that's a lot of cash, for whoever was talking about a Tamiya 1/48 Lanc here its also included in this sale.

I've always found Wonderland a decent company to deal with but do check if they have what you want in stock as I've found their website can say its in stock when its not.

Re: Wonderland Models 1/32 Tamiya sale

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:45 pm
by Paul
Most can be found cheaper on ebay. Buyforlessuk have the mustang for £85 plus post

Re: Wonderland Models 1/32 Tamiya sale

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:12 am
by Colin
Paul wrote:Most can be found cheaper on ebay. Buyforlessuk have the mustang for £85 plus post
Very true Paul, especially if you are willing to order (and risk UK customs too) from the far East and wait a little, its still scary what the retail price of these kits are in this country just now though, been doing a bit more research on that forthcoming Tamiya 1/6 Harley and it looks like it *will* be a new tool kit with some clever engineering, so I bet it to be £150 here easily ... still want one though and I'm not really a Harley Davidson fan, but i know the building will be good :)

Re: Wonderland Models 1/32 Tamiya sale

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:21 am
by Paul
Colin wrote:
Paul wrote:Most can be found cheaper on ebay. Buyforlessuk have the mustang for £85 plus post
Very true Paul, especially if you are willing to order (and risk UK customs too) from the far East and wait a little, its still scary what the retail price of these kits are in this country just now though, been doing a bit more research on that forthcoming Tamiya 1/6 Harley and it looks like it *will* be a new tool kit with some clever engineering, so I bet it to be £150 here easily ... still want one though and I'm not really a Harley Davidson fan, but i know the building will be good :)
Yeah the kits from luckymodels etc are very cheap, even with the customs it's still works out a lot cheaper.

I've got my eye on all the 1/32 tamiya's :roll: :banana:

Re: Wonderland Models 1/32 Tamiya sale

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:57 am
by Colin
Paul wrote:
Yeah the kits from luckymodels etc are very cheap, even with the customs it's still works out a lot cheaper.

I've got my eye on all the 1/32 tamiya's :roll: :banana:
And you are quids in if they slip through the customs net and *touch wood* mine have so far.

I know you will do your research when you come to buy them mate, but the Tamiya 1/32 Tomcat is the oldest of them all and this is one where we should consider the Trumpeter 1/32 Tomcats, i actually owned the Trumpy F/14 B Bombcat until recently selling it on the bay as part of a stash streamlining exercise and and now wish I'd kept it ! I'll probably buy another but make it an A this time, neither factory are perfect of course, but if you are interested there is some recent discussion on the best 1/32 Tomcat on the Large Scale Aircraft model site and the Trumpeter one seems to be ahead ... the only other one in 1/32 was the older still Revell kit and its definitely not up to their newer 1/32 Aircraft kit standards apparently.

As Tamiya 1/32 Jets go I know the Tomcat came first, then the F-15's or F-4's, both of these have problems with the intakes that need careful modelling skills or just buy seamless intakes, then the F-16 that really shows its modern Tamiya excellent engineering quality.

As you likely know, in props the Zero came first and it was considered a statement by Tamiya as to what they could do, its more multimedia friendly with retractable undercarriage ... and it does not really suffer from this gimmick, its so well done, then came the Spitfire, then Mustang and now Corsair ... I cant wait to see what all new tool 1/32 Aircraft kit they do next.

:th:

Re: Wonderland Models 1/32 Tamiya sale

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:03 am
by Paul
Colin wrote:
Paul wrote:
Yeah the kits from luckymodels etc are very cheap, even with the customs it's still works out a lot cheaper.

I've got my eye on all the 1/32 tamiya's :roll: :banana:
And you are quids in if they slip through the customs net and *touch wood* mine have so far.

I know you will do your research when you come to buy them mate, but the Tamiya 1/32 Tomcat is the oldest of them all and this is one where we should consider the Trumpeter 1/32 Tomcats, i actually owned the Trumpy F/14 B Bombcat until recently selling it on the bay as part of a stash streamlining exercise and and now wish I'd kept it ! I'll probably buy another but make it an A this time, neither factory are perfect of course, but if you are interested there is some recent discussion on the best 1/32 Tomcat on the Large Scale Aircraft model site and the Trumpeter one seems to be ahead ... the only other one in 1/32 was the older still Revell kit and its definitely not up to their newer 1/32 Aircraft kit standards apparently.

As Tamiya 1/32 Jets go I know the Tomcat came first, then the F-15's or F-4's, both of these have problems with the intakes that need careful modelling skills or just buy seamless intakes, then the F-16 that really shows its modern Tamiya excellent engineering quality.

As you likely know, in props the Zero came first and it was considered a statement by Tamiya as to what they could do, its more multimedia friendly with retractable undercarriage ... and it does not really suffer from this gimmick, its so well done, then came the Spitfire, then Mustang and now Corsair ... I cant wait to see what all new tool 1/32 Aircraft kit they do next.

:th:
Me too mate, something modern I hope.

I saw the tam f14 has part raised panel lines so I'll avoid that, there was on on ebay last night too in the uk brand new £70 buy it now, I was tempted at that price but thought better, besides it's sold now.

I also fancy an f18 too not sure which is better the academy or trumpeter.

And yes I no longer buy kits without having a bit of research first :th: