Car/bike kit manufactures
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:06 am
Hi all
I'm looking at putting together a few car/bike projects next year, I've not built a car/bike for 30 odd years
I did some about 10 years ago helping my lads build theirs, but have really no real experience of what is now available manufacturer wise, back in my day it was Airfix, Revell or Tamiya. Tamiya was by far the best back then as I remember with there 1/12 scale F1 carss which I did get to build one ("Elf" Tyrrell Ford F-1(003) at the end on my first modelling career and their bikes which I built 7 or 8.
Now there is loads
, Ebbro, Fujimi, Hasegawa to name a few, I'm not ready for MFH kits if ever but would like to get to that level in time. My interest is F1 up until the mid 90's, Endurance cars like 917 etc, GP and road bikes. I'm looking for quality but at first ease of assembly i.e. not too much fettling/modding get get it to fit until I've built up my skill.
All recommendations gratefully appreciated.
I'm looking at putting together a few car/bike projects next year, I've not built a car/bike for 30 odd years
I did some about 10 years ago helping my lads build theirs, but have really no real experience of what is now available manufacturer wise, back in my day it was Airfix, Revell or Tamiya. Tamiya was by far the best back then as I remember with there 1/12 scale F1 carss which I did get to build one ("Elf" Tyrrell Ford F-1(003) at the end on my first modelling career and their bikes which I built 7 or 8.
Now there is loads
All recommendations gratefully appreciated.