Page 1 of 1

How to build a cockpit....

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:06 am
by DonLang
Hi all.
I wonder I anybody can help med...

I want to make the cockpit of a SMER-model more detailed, but how??
I'm building a D.H. Tiger Moth in 1:48, but the cockpit is only a flat something which should be the instrumentpanel.
The same goes for the seats, and no floor in the model.

So any guidlines how to make the cockpit???

HELP!!! :f14:

Re: How to build a cockpit....

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:40 pm
by DrSprue
DonLang wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:06 am Hi all.
I wonder I anybody can help med...

I want to make the cockpit of a SMER-model more detailed, but how??
I'm building a D.H. Tiger Moth in 1:48, but the cockpit is only a flat something which should be the instrumentpanel.
The same goes for the seats, and no floor in the model.

So any guidlines how to make the cockpit???

HELP!!! :f14:
I did a small bit of scratch on my Monogram Hawker Hurricane (a very old kit), ill give the link below if you want to look at it. Not a biplane but a 1/48th and maybe it will help. Mostly page 2 and page 4 is where I concentrated on the cockpit seats and stuff. This kit just had a pilot and a very crude one piece seat with no display as well, short of a decal (which I messed up :wall: ). Have not finished it yet with painting, still on the shelf but will get back to it soon. Just got a yahu painted instrument panel a few months ago as well so hope to get that in there soon too. Hope this helps.

viewtopic.php?f=603&t=22712

Re: How to build a cockpit....

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:45 pm
by DonLang
DrSprue wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:40 pm
DonLang wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:06 am Hi all.
I wonder I anybody can help med...

I want to make the cockpit of a SMER-model more detailed, but how??
I'm building a D.H. Tiger Moth in 1:48, but the cockpit is only a flat something which should be the instrumentpanel.
The same goes for the seats, and no floor in the model.

So any guidlines how to make the cockpit???

HELP!!! :f14:
I did a small bit of scratch on my Monogram Hawker Hurricane (a very old kit), ill give the link below if you want to look at it. Not a biplane but a 1/48th and maybe it will help. Mostly page 2 and page 4 is where I concentrated on the cockpit seats and stuff. This kit just had a pilot and a very crude one piece seat with no display as well, short of a decal (which I messed up :wall: ). Have not finished it yet with painting, still on the shelf but will get back to it soon. Just got a yahu painted instrument panel a few months ago as well so hope to get that in there soon too. Hope this helps.

viewtopic.php?f=603&t=22712
Hi DrSprue.

Thanks for your help. I'll try to make it from scratch jjust like you did.
So wish me luck. :f14:

DonLang

Re: How to build a cockpit....

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:31 am
by DrSprue
It was alot of fun Don, and was my 1st attempt at scratch building. (at least for aircraft modeling) I did copy the plan from a print of a photo-etch drawing tho to help.