Page 1 of 1

Fujimi 1/16 Ferrari Koenig Testarossa build log

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:40 pm
by zaraf76
This is my first time making a build log and also first time building a Fujimi 1/16 car.
I've had this model in my stash for a long time and decided to start it due to taking part in GB on facebook which will end in december so hopefully I will do my best to finish it by that time otherwise progress will continue overhere if i don't make it by then.

By the few build logs on fujimi 1/16 kits, the impression is that the fit is not so good to bad.

Here, i present you the Fujimi 1/16 Ferrari Koenig Testarossa
Image
Image

I have started work on the engine. The fit was not anything like Tamiya but ok so far.
Image

I had to glue some styrene so that the bottom part sits as it should. As mentioned before the fit was not good so some minor sanding was required.
Image
Image

This is last nights progress. I will keep posting as frequiently as I can but progress will be slow as I am a slow builder.
Thank you

Re: Fujimi 1/16 Ferrari Testarossa build log

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:32 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Ya good luck :thumb2:
My F40 is on here somewhere, still incomplete :oops:
The fit is fine with these 1/16 Fujimi Enthusiast kits, just lots more detail opportunities as not curbside

Re: Fujimi 1/16 Ferrari Testarossa build log

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:22 pm
by zaraf76
Just went through your build log. Pretty impressive work you've done. I must say that my skills are lacking compare to yours but will do my best and may steal some of your ideas along the way :lol:

Re: Fujimi 1/16 Ferrari Testarossa build log

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:19 am
by Twokidsnosleep
zaraf76 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:22 pm Just went through your build log. Pretty impressive work you've done. I must say that my skills are lacking compare to yours but will do my best and may steal some of your ideas along the way :lol:
Oh I am sure you will do fine
Happy to have you bounce any ideas or help in any way...just ask
:cheers2:

Re: Fujimi 1/16 Ferrari Koenig Testarossa build log

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:46 pm
by zaraf76
Sure, thanks :thumb2:

Re: Fujimi 1/16 Ferrari Koenig Testarossa build log

Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:01 pm
by Jpie7465
I have just received this same model kit, however I have no box or instructions, can you help in any way please

Re: Fujimi 1/16 Ferrari Koenig Testarossa build log

Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:29 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Jpie7465 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:01 pm I have just received this same model kit, however I have no box or instructions, can you help in any way please
That user hasn’t been on site for a while. You could try a more, but not likely help.
Had a look for the instructions, best I can do is the normal testarossa..but that should get you started
Maybe do a build thread here and we can help you through it, I have done a few Fujimi 1/16’s now

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10043815/40/1