Page 1 of 1

Zoukei Mura 1/48 Ta 152H-1 Höhenjäger

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:32 pm
by JohnModeller
This kit looks to be fantastic, and I have never seen so much plastic in a single prop 1/48 kit.
All very high quality, this looks to be an exciting build. I’ll do open gun bays, engine and fuselage panels.
Cheers, John
Image

Re: Zoukei Mura 1/48 Ta 152H-1 Höhenjäger

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:50 pm
by JohnModeller
Ok, here is the first instalment. I have decided I will do open fuselage panel, root wing gun panels and engine cowlings. The rest will be shut. Despite this, I am doing a full interior paint job. Pointless, some might say, but I enjoy it. I am starting with the wing structure. It is highly detailed, utilising slide moulding for the ribbing of the wings. This has created a very sturdy wing, as it is not hollow, but actually has structure inside.
I have replaced the wing gun barrels with albion alloys tubing. Not only does that stop me from breaking the barrels when I am handling it, it also is convenient, as I don't have to drill them out.
The wing structure was surprisingly easy to align in the wing. So far, so good.
Cheers, John
Image

Re: Zoukei Mura 1/48 Ta 152H-1 Höhenjäger

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:29 am
by JohnModeller
Wing skins on now. Fit was mostly flawless. I am very happy with the way things are going and the engineering is incredible, and very tight (unlike trumpeter, although I like their 1/32 kits). A touch of filler and sanding here and there, and I will achieve a smooth finish. You can still see the MG feeds and the barrels, along with the engine mounting points. Btw, the wing skin was three piece per wing, and not one skin, which is why I am so impressed by the neat fit.
Cheers, John
Image

Re: Zoukei Mura 1/48 Ta 152H-1 Höhenjäger

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:30 am
by mick
good start

Re: Zoukei Mura 1/48 Ta 152H-1 Höhenjäger

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:37 am
by JohnModeller
mick wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:30 amgood start
Cheers mate. This is fitting together surprisingly well
John

Re: Zoukei Mura 1/48 Ta 152H-1 Höhenjäger

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:30 am
by JohnModeller
Here is the radio in the fuselage.
Image

Re: Zoukei Mura 1/48 Ta 152H-1 Höhenjäger

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:18 pm
by Wiggus
The Zoukei Mura kits do look fantastic; on my wish list for next Christmas.
Looking forward to more updates.