MENG After Sales Service - Faith Restored

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

MENG After Sales Service - Faith Restored

Post by Stokesy44 »

Bought this beauty back in October

Image

Was mortified when I opened the box to find the tracks had been badly mangled and were actually torn in one place. So I found contact details for Meng's replacement service and was pleased when they said of course, new tracks will be sent right away.

Six weeks later they turned up - Huzzah, but wait, the wrong tracks! Don't know what the new set were for but they certainly weren't for my Merkava! Wearily I contacted them again, apologies were given and new tracks were promised. Another six weeks later they turn up and they're the same wrong tracks AGAIN :cry: Ever feel like a Salmon? You're swimming up hill and everything's against you? :tongue:

Fired up the old email again, contrite apologies offered and new tracks promised - breath not being held this time and growing tired of being referred to as 'Dear Friend' by my counterpart at Meng - must be a language thing.

Anyway, less than 2 weeks later I get a missed delivery card from Royal Mail so off I trundle to the depot thinking 'I wonder what it can be, it cant be the tracks as its only 10 days since the last lot arrived. BUT, the card says 'International Signed For' so I'm thinking, it could be, it just could be???

And it is! Huzzah, expedited delivery AND its the right tracks :bow:: Well done Meng, third time and its a bulls eye!

And yes, I went back to them to confirm the delivery and say thanks :th:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
DrSprue
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:24 am
United States of America

Re: MENG After Sales Service - Faith Restored

Post by DrSprue »

Wow what a cool looking Kit! Amazing what you had to do to correct the issue tho. Well done tho meng for making sure it ended good.
-Doc
On the bench:
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: MENG After Sales Service - Faith Restored

Post by Stokesy44 »

[*]
DrSprue wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:08 pm Wow what a cool looking Kit! Amazing what you had to do to correct the issue tho. Well done tho meng for making sure it ended good.
Yes indeed. Other than the tracks it’s an absolute beauty. It’s the first ‘current’ MBT I’ve ever bought and I was amazed just how big it is, even before the mine clearance stuff gets bolted on the front.
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
DrSprue
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:24 am
United States of America

Re: MENG After Sales Service - Faith Restored

Post by DrSprue »

Man the front of the mine gears and the tank must get really dirty after a few explosives!!

:boom:
-Doc
On the bench:
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: MENG After Sales Service - Faith Restored

Post by Kevthemodeller »

You couldn't make that up mate :lol: :lol: :crazy:

Just how many builds have you got on the go :scratch:: I'm losing track :pop:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: MENG After Sales Service - Faith Restored

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Kevthemodeller wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:01 pm You couldn't make that up mate :lol: :lol: :crazy:

Just how many builds have you got on the go :scratch:: I'm losing track :pop:
I think he just wanted extra tracks :shhh:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: MENG After Sales Service - Faith Restored

Post by Stokesy44 »

Kevthemodeller wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:01 pm You couldn't make that up mate :lol: :lol: :crazy:

Just how many builds have you got on the go :scratch:: I'm losing track :pop:
Yes, I do sometimes get the feeling that I’m surrounded by idiots. When the second lot turned up I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. It was difficult sending the emails because I knew losing my temper would be a waste of time.

As for builds. Only two kits on the go. My two Tigers. I haven’t started the Merkava. It was potentially up next but I need to get back into aircraft ahead of the Bomber SIG. :shifty:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: MENG After Sales Service - Faith Restored

Post by Stokesy44 »

DrSprue wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:52 pm Man the front of the mine gears and the tank must get really dirty after a few explosives!!

:boom:
Indeed! :lol:

Probably a bit more than a spray with the hose would be required to keep it looking shiny!
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: MENG After Sales Service - Faith Restored

Post by Stokesy44 »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:14 pm
I think he just wanted extra tracks :shhh:
When the second lot arrived I thought hey I could be on to a nice little earner here! If they keep this up I can flog them second hand and retire in about 80 years. :dance:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
GMahaffey
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:40 am
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Contact:
United States of America

Re: MENG After Sales Service - Faith Restored

Post by GMahaffey »

Stokesy44 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:20 pm Bought this beauty back in October

Image

Was mortified when I opened the box to find the tracks had been badly mangled and were actually torn in one place. So I found contact details for Meng's replacement service and was pleased when they said of course, new tracks will be sent right away.

Six weeks later they turned up - Huzzah, but wait, the wrong tracks! Don't know what the new set were for but they certainly weren't for my Merkava! Wearily I contacted them again, apologies were given and new tracks were promised. Another six weeks later they turn up and they're the same wrong tracks AGAIN :cry: Ever feel like a Salmon? You're swimming up hill and everything's against you? :tongue:

Fired up the old email again, contrite apologies offered and new tracks promised - breath not being held this time and growing tired of being referred to as 'Dear Friend' by my counterpart at Meng - must be a language thing.

Anyway, less than 2 weeks later I get a missed delivery card from Royal Mail so off I trundle to the depot thinking 'I wonder what it can be, it cant be the tracks as its only 10 days since the last lot arrived. BUT, the card says 'International Signed For' so I'm thinking, it could be, it just could be???

And it is! Huzzah, expedited delivery AND its the right tracks :bow:: Well done Meng, third time and its a bulls eye!

And yes, I went back to them to confirm the delivery and say thanks :th:
You know what they say, third time is the charm.
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”