Page 1 of 1

Brushes

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:07 am
by GMahaffey
What brushes do you use? I currently use the hobby brushes with two types of hair (sable and camel).

Re: Brushes

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:50 am
by sheppsea
For paint I use Winsor and Newton Serie 7 Mini, and for weathering etc I use any brush I happen to have around

Re: Brushes

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:27 pm
by bfrd
I like Vallejo's line of brushes. They aren't as nice as Windsor and Newton series 7, but they work for me and are much more wallet friendly. Just make sure that whatever brush you use, you take care of them.

Image

If you don't have this, buy it (or something like it). After every project or extended use I like to clean my brushes. It only takes a few minutes but makes a nice difference.

Re: Brushes

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:45 pm
by FlankerD
Generally I use Master Touch brushes, and have had just some cheap hobby brushes for weathering, etc. Matter of fact just found an amazing deal at the local big box hobby store. Found value brush sets from Fine Touch with 12 brushes for $2.50. Bought 4 of them. Lol. Two in Golden Taklon, and two in Pure Ox. Should replace my old worn out weathering and effects brushes nicely.