Page 1 of 1

Ism Friday's night live at the bench what have you been working on for *March 30th*

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:36 pm
by Kingdan
"WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN WORKING ON THIS WEEK?”

NEW! Starting this upcoming Friday, the Live! Crew will not only review your work, they will also pick their favorite build for the week. The entry with the most votes will win an ISM Goodie Bag! It is just one more reason to show us your work each week, so what are you waiting for?

**Open now until 1 hour before the show on Friday, March 30th**

** PLEASE read ALL of the rules below carefully! **

Hello everyone! This post is being created to give you, as a member of ISM, the opportunity to share what you have been working on during the week on the Friday night show.

Please read the rules below in order to participate.

01). By participating in this thread, you are giving permission for the ISM live crew to share your work during the Youtube broadcast of the ISM Live "At the Bench" Friday show.
02). Please, only post your own work and not that of others.
03). Along with your image, Remember, post only one image per member each week. This will prevent prolific builders from dominating this segment and will prevent this part of the show from becoming too long,please include the following details: The name of the kit; the company that produces the kit; any aftermarket that you have added, along with the brands and colors of paint used (if applicable).
04). The deadline for entries each week will be between the time the post goes up until an hour before Friday's show. Entries made after the deadline will not be shown.
05). Remember: If you wish to have a project highlighted during the show, the image and information must be shared in this thread, not a separate post on the Facebook page!

This is an opportunity for you as members to be directly involved with the show. We hope that you will participate no matter your level of experience. This will not be a critique of anyone's work.

We thank you in advance for allowing us the opportunity to showcase your models! - Lee Larholt, Paul Bretland, and the rest of the ISM moderators and live crew.

Re: Ism Friday's night live at the bench what have you been working on for *March 30th*

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:59 am
by Tomcat64
Ok I'll go first since I missed the last couple of weeks due to work getting in the way. I've managed to finish my entry in the Car/Bike GB - this was Aoshima's 1/24 McLaren F1 GTR. Really enjoyed the build and would recommend the kit. The only addition was an after-market harness otherwise it was built out of the box. The interior and engine were painted using mixes of Vallejo ModelAir with detailing picked out using Tamiya semi-gloss black and Citadel metallics. The body was painted using Ultimate Black & Glossy Black followed by a couple of coats of Aqua Gloss. Is it Bretland-McCord super shiny? Hell no! Have I managed to incorporate my own unique blend of thumb-prints, glue bombs and general cock-ups? Oh yes indeedy! That being said I've worked out it's my first car build in 35 years so overall I'm happy with the way it's turned out
:cheers2:
Image

If anyone's interested there's more photos in the reveal here

Re: Ism Friday's night live at the bench what have you been working on for *March 30th*

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:57 am
by MakingModels
Monograms PBY Catalina in 1:48th

Base paint on the engines is done.

Colour scheme is from the movie 'Always'

ImageCatalina by Karl Smith, on Flickr

Re: Ism Friday's night live at the bench what have you been working on for *March 30th*

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:52 am
by DJGDownunder
Hello Crew, this my Meng Panzer III Toon Tank.
I thought I'd have a crack at some armour.... So a big "Shout-out" to all the U-Tubers who share their knowledge, tips and techniques with us learners, because everything you see here is as a result of watching your videos. (If you don't like it - I guess I'll apologise up front).
Regardless of that, this $10 kit actually has over 100 parts, and was an absolute pleasure to build. These little beasts are great little mojo restorers.

ImagePNZR 3 ToonT by Derek Gilbert, on Flickr

Re: Ism Friday's night live at the bench what have you been working on for *March 30th*

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:52 am
by bfrd
I finished my Moebius Colonial Viper MkVII - 1:32.

I painted the ship in basically two parts. The engine assembly was primed in Ultimate Gloss Black and base coated with Mr. Hobby Dark Iron (buffable). Once buffed, I painted the heat stains with Tamiya transparent colors (Blue, Red, and Orange) thinned ~50:50 with Ultimate Thinners.

The body was primed in Badger/Ultimate gray. The base coat was Vallejo Air Pale Blue Gray. I painted the interior of the landing gear flaps with a yellow and black striped look to make the model a little more interesting. I painted the base color and then taped off the outsides and painted the inside with Vallejo Medium Yellow. To create the stripes I used Tamiya 6mm masking tape. I estimated the first angle and then laid down the strips edge to edge. I then removed every other strip. By using the tape this way I was able to keep the angles uniform. Once I had them taped off I sprayed with Vallejo Model Air Nato Black.

The model was cleared with about a 50:50 of Tamiya X22 and Mr Hobby Leveling Thinner.

I achieved more of a blue tint on the top of the ship using a dot filter of three different shades of blue from Abteilung 502. I left the bottom the original color. I used Abteilung 502 Smoke for a dirt effect. This was my first attempt at using oil paints, and I can't wait to get better with them. I like the ability to easily create tonal variations. I added a chipping effect with Vallejo Model Air Silver. The entire model was matted down with Vallejo Matte varnish.

Image

Re: Ism Friday's night live at the bench what have you been working on for *March 30th*

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:15 pm
by Novorus
With the end of "Under New Management" Group build drawing to a close this weekend in the Model Officers Mess, i finally added the tail detail I had forgotten and made a cheeky base. Build finished and ready for showtime. :banana: :banana:
ImageIMG_4905 by James Skiffins, on Flickr

Re: Ism Friday's night live at the bench what have you been working on for *March 30th*

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:32 pm
by warpedcrisis
Imageimage1 by andrew Haycock, on Flickr
Under new management gb entry
Captured su 1-22 in 1:48th scale
kits used for both the tank and figures where tamya
painted in dunkelgelb mid war and olivegrun weathered with abteilung 502 oils and winsor and newton transparent white oil.
Figures painted in tamya paint german field grey , black and flat flesh

Re: Ism Friday's night live at the bench what have you been working on for *March 30th*

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:41 pm
by tommym
WIP: 1/350 Merit USS Enterprise CV-6 With Ifini Photo Etch

Time to paint the exterior bulkhead photo etch (PE).
I masked off the interior and bottom hull.
Sprayed warmed Stynlrez grey primer at 20 psi using the Ultimate Apex airbrush.
I started spraying thinned Badger ModelFlex 5-S Sea Blue A (Late 1941) using my NEW Badger Extreme at 15 psi. Halfway through it clog and just wouldn’t spray.
I was not in the mood to deal with it so I just grab my Ultimate Apex and finished the job. Should have just used the Apex from the beginning.

Image

TommyM 8-)

ISM USS Enterprise CV-6 Build Link: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=23790

Re: Ism Friday's night live at the bench what have you been working on for *March 30th*

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:23 pm
by Tay99
Tamiya Leyton house.

This week I finished the carbon fibre decals,
Fixed all the bodywork decals I used the after market ones from studio 27.
Heat stained the exhausts withe mr metallic and alclad paints.
Ive used top studio rear shock absorbers and made a start fitting the Electrical fittings and plumbing.


Image

Re: Ism Friday's night live at the bench what have you been working on for *March 30th*

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:15 pm
by NormanD
1/32 special Hobby Yak-3

Bit of a recovery on this one, had a total disaster adding the decals over Alclad 2 gloss varnish, both decals and varnish melted into each other, so, no other choice but to strip it back to plastic. I used a mix of neat Dettol and MLT along with cotton pads with lots of elbow grease to strip it back. I'm happy I can recover this one.

Image

Re: Ism Friday's night live at the bench what have you been working on for *March 30th*

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:58 pm
by NorthernModeller
This week I got the Sabre engine for the Hawker Tempest 99% finished. This is the best engine I have done so far and I am more than happy with the final result. Used AK extreme metals applied with a brush, many different tones of black (gloss, satin and matt) and washed with the AK engine wash.

Image

Re: Ism Friday's night live at the bench what have you been working on for *March 30th*

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:11 pm
by onemac
Hello folks.

Tamiya 1/48 Zero - primed in Ultimate grey, Tamiya acrylics (mixed), mostly airbrushed but much of the brush technique used to repair lifted paint etc! Finished and heading for the top shelf out of sight or file 13!!!

Airfix 1/48 F.1 Lightning - all but finished, just the yellow decals on the canopy to do. Ultimate Black primer, Valleyheyho metal color of some silver persuasion oversprayed with MRP paints to smooth it off after much sanding. This could be my new paint mule you know :cry:

In the background 1/32 Hobbyboss SBD-5/A -24B Dauntless part primed with Ultimate black primer and dry fitted after fettling.

Image30_03_18 by Alan MacNeish, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Al

Re: Ism Friday's night live at the bench what have you been working on for *March 30th*

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:25 pm
by sheppsea
This week I joined together the fuselage halves on my Airfix 1/48 Warhawk - the photo below show the cockpit beforehand :)

This was painted with Mr Color and Model Color paints, and then weathered with Ammo Mig Streaking Effects and pigments

One of the pigments colours I used was rust as when I looked up the area in China where this plane was stationed, it is famous for having vibrant red soil, and although I'm sure the planes never actually went to those exact areas I thought it would be a good nod to the location :)

Next step will be add the wings then the joys of seam removal etc

Image

Re: Ism Friday's night live at the bench what have you been working on for *March 30th*

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:50 pm
by Paul
Finished my Beemax E30 M3 and Hasegawa 1/32 Raiden.
ImageBeFunky Collage-8 by paul bretland, on Flickr

Re: Ism Friday's night live at the bench what have you been working on for *March 30th*

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:51 pm
by Kingdan
Not modelling but it will be lol my new cave getting not closer but closer :-) it now has two walls and double insulation nearly 200mm

Image
20180330_163948 by Dan Scattergood - Flickr2BBcode LITE

Re: Ism Friday's night live at the bench what have you been working on for *March 30th*

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:11 pm
by aur0ra145
Howdy all,

This is a Meng World War Toons M4 Sherman. Primed Ultimate black. Painted in Tamiya Olive Green and weathered with Vallejo pigments. First crack at a vignette and I'm pleased with the results!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Image

Re: Ism Friday's night live at the bench what have you been working on for *March 30th*

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:43 pm
by Timplastic
eduard mig 21 bis hunagrian markings. blue was akan[birdy colours was gunze
url=https://flic.kr/p/HvNHof]Image[/url]29855986_10211829484677821_400830231_n by tim ivatts, on Flickr