Page 1 of 1

Anyone use these?

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:26 pm
by DC10
I saw that tamyia makes a weathering powder. I have not been able to find many reviews on them. How do you make them stick to the model? Which sets would be the best for aircraft?

Re: Anyone use these?

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:35 pm
by Paul
DC10 wrote:I saw that tamyia makes a weathering powder. I have not been able to find many reviews on them. How do you make them stick to the model? Which sets would be the best for aircraft?
I'm not a fan of them, I personally think pigments are much more usable and you get more for your money.

Re: Anyone use these?

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:30 pm
by Lee
They look like my missus' make up boxes....lol

Re: Anyone use these?

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:09 am
by Lysion
DC10 wrote:I saw that tamyia makes a weathering powder. I have not been able to find many reviews on them. How do you make them stick to the model? Which sets would be the best for aircraft?
I bought one set a week ago. I have not used them tho.

You can read about the different sets and tips & tricks on Tamiyas own website: http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/87080weathering/
There is no specific set for aircraft.

Re: Anyone use these?

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:18 pm
by keith
Yes I've used them the oil and soot work well the burnt blue and orange I used on the z400 pluse you cab apply with a brush dipped in odorless thinners

Re: Anyone use these?

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:38 pm
by WebbyNZ
They have a place but only a small one IMO
I only use mine for things like heat staining of car/bike/jet exhausts.

With the great pigments and washes out there now the tamiya powders just seem a bit behind in usability and range of uses.

Re: Anyone use these?

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:57 pm
by digger303
this is an old thread and I am not trying to resurrect it, just adding something I found out.
the container they put them in are a pain ....can contaminant the adjacent color.

I still have these and I found with the soot powder if I added x-20a thinner it behaved like a a sooty wash. it very quickly becomes a liquid, drys fast.