Page 1 of 1

#16 B-25g Mitchell

Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:42 pm
by Tay99
Hi all bit late to the party, had a lot of s--t going on lately personal and work.

This is what I intend to build, never built a accurate miniatures kit before, I have some after market on the way this week so
Will post pic when they turn up.
Not sure yet which aircraft I will depict. Any way he's the box art and Spurs shots.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Thanks for looking hopefully I will make a start this week.

Re: #16 B-25g Mitchell

Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:53 pm
by Mylightweight
I love the Mitchell, willl have to get me one at some point, will be following this build with intrigue, have fun

Re: #16 B-25g Mitchell

Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:38 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Nope, you are right on time my friend
That kit manufacturer makes a nice Corvette Grand Sport if I remember correctly. It will be fine as you work your magic.
I welcome you to the sig and wish you luck in the build
:cheers2: Scott

Re: #16 B-25g Mitchell

Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:57 pm
by pourquoi61
Have fun and relax with plastic therapy. :th: :th:

Re: #16 B-25g Mitchell

Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:40 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Door prize draw coming up this weekend :banana:

Re: #16 B-25g Mitchell

Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:33 pm
by Tay99
Bit more of a update, I've built the sub assembly's, cockpit, nose cone and upper mid gunner. Also added the sidewall details.

It's not a bad kit and there is some great Molded detail just doesn't go together as well as a tamiya kit, you just glue parts together with no locating holes.so can be a bit hit and miss if it's in the exact position.

Image

Image

This is the nose cannon that sits under the cockpit

Image

This is the bomb bay with one side of the bomb racks fitted.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Rear tail plane

Image

Image

Wings half glued together there's a horrible seam line down the middle of the engine nacelle to get rid of later.

Image

Upper mid turret

Image

Image

Image

That's all for now, still not sure what paint scheme and decals I am going to do yet.

Thanks for looking

Re: #16 B-25g Mitchell

Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:09 pm
by Les0012
Looking good so far, it’s all about having fun.

Les

Re: #16 B-25g Mitchell

Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:33 pm
by chief5437
Nice work so far buddy! I’m thinking of doing the Airfix b-25 as a second entry, be interesting to see how the kits differ.

Re: #16 B-25g Mitchell

Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:48 am
by digger303
Nice...and the photography ain't bad either. :th: :th: :cheers2:

Re: #16 B-25g Mitchell

Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:52 pm
by pourquoi61
Lovely kit and looking great. :th: :th: :th:

Re: #16 B-25g Mitchell

Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:06 pm
by demarcation
Great work so far!! :th:

Re: #16 B-25g Mitchell

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:11 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
One month left in the sig :thumb2:
viewtopic.php?f=660&t=25285