Advertising Agency Promoting Tamiya

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
HamfistedModeller
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:21 pm
Location: East Lancs, UK

Advertising Agency Promoting Tamiya

Post by HamfistedModeller »

I found these pictures online that are from a Vietnamese advertising agency
working for Tamiya. The models shown are not for sale.
They represent various conspiracy theories.

Would you buy them if they were?
Or do you think some of them are in bad taste?

Image

The death of Elvis.

Image

JFK Assassination.

Image

Death of Marylin Monroe.

Image

The moon landing.

Image

The Roswell Incident.
May Your Glue Dry Quickly And Your Decals Never Tear

WiP: Academy 1:48 F-16 A/C
User avatar
DC87
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
England

Re: Advertising Agency Promoting Tamiya

Post by DC87 »

I find those really rather interesting - I would purchase the Roswell Incident one as it would make a cool diorama.

Thanks for sharing :th:
Dan C

Filling the workbench with:
Sopwith Snipe late post war
WW1 RFC SE5a

WW1-1/32 Snipe
Workbench gets full with models being built - Buys another workbench!

Image
User avatar
HamfistedModeller
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:21 pm
Location: East Lancs, UK

Re: Advertising Agency Promoting Tamiya

Post by HamfistedModeller »

No worries.
if they became available I'd like the Roswell and Moon landing ones.

:thumb2:
May Your Glue Dry Quickly And Your Decals Never Tear

WiP: Academy 1:48 F-16 A/C
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Advertising Agency Promoting Tamiya

Post by Lee »

Yep, Roswell and Moon landing for me too :th:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Advertising Agency Promoting Tamiya

Post by Gav0909 »

I don't think they are in bad taste, as after all, the subjects portrayed are very real, and very prominent conspiracy theories, some of what have certain amounts of proof etc.

They are pretty interesting to say the least.
WebbyNZ
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 11:02 am
Location: Manawatu, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Advertising Agency Promoting Tamiya

Post by WebbyNZ »

Depends on your definition of bad taste.
Im sure the people of Hiroshima aren't fans of kits of the Enola Gay and the family of Nicole Brown Simpson would probably steer clear of white bronco's.

Me, id be happy with any of them, except maybe the Elvis ones.
Stand aside caffine, this is a job for alcohol.
User avatar
BlackSheep1
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: Advertising Agency Promoting Tamiya

Post by BlackSheep1 »

Personally, I can't define how I feel about these but it's not good so I would not buy any of them.
User avatar
Dunhill2005
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:38 pm
Location: Wunstorf, Germany
Germany

Re: Advertising Agency Promoting Tamiya

Post by Dunhill2005 »

No, I would not
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Advertising Agency Promoting Tamiya

Post by Coen »

I wouldn't buy them simply because I don't normally find that sort of thing interesting.
Simply put, conspiracy theories bore the crap out of me. haha.
However...
I'd by them for the parts though.
I would love to get those vehicles, furniture, toilet etc.
So depending on the equivalent scale I'd buy them and kit bash them.
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”