Hawker Hunter 1/32 Revell
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:04 pm
Hello guys.
So this is my second build this year. I started after very, very long break and I can say, im getting better with every build. Love this hobby and love this group. So lets start. Around 3 months ago i got this kit from ebay for £20 with delivery. Was thinking that i will use it for pratice only, because it is quite old kit. But it turns out that even when old, it very nice done kit. And big.
Please read till end if possible, I have very, very important question.

Well for first let me apologise I didnt take photos from full build. Just start and then end. And some between. So as usual I started with cockpit. Didnt used any aftermarket parts, just my sausage fingers and steady hands.





Then I done body. Some struggles, some parts was warped. But i've done it somehow. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures from build.
Then painting. Used first time AK extreme metals. I have to say, very good paints and thank ISM live guys for advice. Used first time Ultimate primer and as I said before. Very nice product and very nice primer as you can see on picture. For camo I used usual Tamiya colours.





Decals was pain in back side. Old decals, I get rid yellowness with sunlight luckily. But after few coats from Micro & Sol everything conformed nicely.
Then weathering. I tried Ultimate dark dirt but everything went off. For some reason nothing stayed on. So i had to use tamiya panel accent.
So here you go guys, finished product. Not very nice, you can find some problems and mistakes, but i'm very happy with that bird.







I replaced ammo casing ejectors from model (picture below) with metal tubing picture above.

Now main question and finishing words.
This week on Tuesday when i was finally sort of happy and I said it is done i got phone call. Vets called me that my princess or my beloved guardian (picture below) have cancer. One of 2 kinds, but both of them are aggressive and they will spread quickly. I am broken. My wife is in total denial and our life slowed down incredibly.

So my question is, is anyone happy to take that hawker from me? I will ship at my cost, i just need to find out how. Honestly, I cant look at it and I have feeling that soon I will smash it into pieces.
Thank you for reading all of this.
Jan Machdal
So this is my second build this year. I started after very, very long break and I can say, im getting better with every build. Love this hobby and love this group. So lets start. Around 3 months ago i got this kit from ebay for £20 with delivery. Was thinking that i will use it for pratice only, because it is quite old kit. But it turns out that even when old, it very nice done kit. And big.
Please read till end if possible, I have very, very important question.

Well for first let me apologise I didnt take photos from full build. Just start and then end. And some between. So as usual I started with cockpit. Didnt used any aftermarket parts, just my sausage fingers and steady hands.





Then I done body. Some struggles, some parts was warped. But i've done it somehow. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures from build.
Then painting. Used first time AK extreme metals. I have to say, very good paints and thank ISM live guys for advice. Used first time Ultimate primer and as I said before. Very nice product and very nice primer as you can see on picture. For camo I used usual Tamiya colours.





Decals was pain in back side. Old decals, I get rid yellowness with sunlight luckily. But after few coats from Micro & Sol everything conformed nicely.
Then weathering. I tried Ultimate dark dirt but everything went off. For some reason nothing stayed on. So i had to use tamiya panel accent.
So here you go guys, finished product. Not very nice, you can find some problems and mistakes, but i'm very happy with that bird.







I replaced ammo casing ejectors from model (picture below) with metal tubing picture above.

Now main question and finishing words.
This week on Tuesday when i was finally sort of happy and I said it is done i got phone call. Vets called me that my princess or my beloved guardian (picture below) have cancer. One of 2 kinds, but both of them are aggressive and they will spread quickly. I am broken. My wife is in total denial and our life slowed down incredibly.

So my question is, is anyone happy to take that hawker from me? I will ship at my cost, i just need to find out how. Honestly, I cant look at it and I have feeling that soon I will smash it into pieces.
Thank you for reading all of this.
Jan Machdal