Page 1 of 1

Hi there!

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:15 pm
by Gustavo
Hi guys, I came to the forum from the Youtube videos (yeah, another one).

I'm 46 y/o and an absolute newbie to the world of modelling. We are doing planes with my 14 y/o son and I think is a great learning for him to be patient and focus on the task at hand putting aside the anxiety about "getting it done". Great skill for life!

We've started with WW2 planes (of course) and the idea is to work our way forward to modern planes, but also doing some backwards interesting ones (Sopwith Camel, Fokker Dr.1, etc).

I don't think we'll be sharing much for now, we've a lot to learn and our models suck (for now), but if I can be of use I'll be there.

Cheers!

Re: Hi there!

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:08 pm
by Paul
Welcome aboard :thumb2:

Re: Hi there!

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:37 pm
by ElCapitan
:welcome: to you and your son

Re: Hi there!

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:21 pm
by Kevthemodeller
:welcome:

Re: Hi there!

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:14 pm
by golfermd
Great place to start, Gustavo. One way to encourage him is to let him know that is for pleasure. None of my models could EVER be submitted for competition, which is just fine by me... :welcome:

Dan

Re: Hi there!

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:34 am
by digger303
Great to have you here and of course your son. I think it is fantastic the two of you sharing a common interest.