Page 1 of 1

1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:25 am
by fly1ngdutchm4n
Hi guys,
Here's my version of the Royal Navy Wessex UH.5 No 874 Squadron as it was in the Falklands war in 1982
Hope you like it and that I did this model justice. :th:
Enjoy

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: 1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:57 am
by JoaquinGM
Beautiful!!!! ❤ and great work! :th:

Re: 1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:12 pm
by Willem
A very inspirational build. Love the slight sheen on the paintwork.

:cheers2:

Re: 1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:13 pm
by fly1ngdutchm4n
JoaquinGM wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:57 am Beautiful!!!! ❤ and great work! :th:

Thank you!
Willem wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:12 pm A very inspirational build. Love the slight sheen on the paintwork.

:cheers2:
Thanks!
I used a mix of gloss and satin varnish, worked out great :D

Re: 1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:54 pm
by Kevthemodeller
Very, very nice she's a cracker :th: :clap: :clap:

Re: 1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:41 pm
by kiwigav
:jd: :th: Outstanding work mate

Re: 1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:23 am
by sheppsea
Outstanding work :th:

Re: 1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:35 am
by MarkVerploeg
Very nice work Frans
That folding rotorblade conversion must have been some work to get on there

Re: 1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:43 am
by chief5437
Great build Frans, she’s a beauty! :th: :th: :th:

Re: 1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:39 pm
by fly1ngdutchm4n
Thanks Guys, appreciate it. :D
MarkVerploeg wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:35 am Very nice work Frans
That folding rotorblade conversion must have been some work to get on there
Yes Mark, it was a total nightmare at some point.
Especially gluing the blade holders to the saddle. They needed to be in the correct position...

Re: 1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:41 pm
by fly1ngdutchm4n
Thanks everybody, I will be building another bersion in the future!

Re: 1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:53 am
by MarkVerploeg
fly1ngdutchm4n wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:39 pm Thanks Guys, appreciate it. :D
MarkVerploeg wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:35 am Very nice work Frans
That folding rotorblade conversion must have been some work to get on there
Yes Mark, it was a total nightmare at some point.
Especially gluing the blade holders to the saddle. They needed to be in the correct position...
I thought so , never tried a folded rotor before
I have some helicopters left but i think non of them has that as a kit option
But i am too busy with armor at the moment to plan for one of those builds

Re: 1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:23 pm
by Tomcat64
That's another absolutely stunning result Frans - I think is even better than the yellow one you rolled out recently.

Awesome work - absolutely awesome :bow::

Re: 1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:14 pm
by fly1ngdutchm4n
Tomcat64 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:23 pm That's another absolutely stunning result Frans - I think is even better than the yellow one you rolled out recently.

Awesome work - absolutely awesome :bow::

Thank you Neil :D
I agree, it is better then the yellow one.
My wife called that one "vintage" :scratch::
Must be the modulation I used.. then again, she's "vintage" too :lol:
And now I'm going to sleep out side... she heard me :mrgreen:

Re: 1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:18 pm
by Gary30
Ugly! But beautifully ugly!

Great job.

Re: 1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:21 pm
by amsvkng
WOW! I love this model and I love the strapped down pose!

Re: 1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:48 pm
by Periklissale
i am speechless!!!! WOW! WOW!

Re: 1:48 Italeri Wessex UH.5 Falklands 1982

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:20 pm
by fly1ngdutchm4n
Thanks guys!