Page 1 of 1

Airfix 1/24 Hellcat Announced

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:57 pm
by StuartClark
Airfix has announced that they will be producing a 1/24 Hellcat.

More details at https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/news/w...o ... world-2018
I'm sure this announcement will prompt some 'discussions' across the various communities.

My own initial thoughts are, good for them for stretching the topics there are traditionally known for. I know at least 2 people that will snap this up due to their love of the subject. We are seeing more and more of these larger scales.

I am going to be talking about this on the podcast when I record on Sunday, I'd love to hear other peoples thoughts.

Re: Airfix 1/24 Hellcat Announced

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:23 pm
by chief5437
Be interested to see the price. Think I’d rather have this that the wnw Lanc cockpit.

Re: Airfix 1/24 Hellcat Announced

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:29 pm
by sheppsea
chief5437 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:23 pm Be interested to see the price. Think I’d rather have this that the wnw Lanc cockpit.
Its £120 to pre-order direct from Airfix

I must admit that I think the photos look good, but I'm not exactly overwhelmed by the announcement

Re: Airfix 1/24 Hellcat Announced

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:14 pm
by aur0ra145
I just don't have anywhere to put something that big.

Re: Airfix 1/24 Hellcat Announced

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:01 am
by digger303
aur0ra145 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:14 pm I just don't have anywhere to put something that big.
Driveway...fly to work ;)

Re: Airfix 1/24 Hellcat Announced

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:58 am
by NorthernModeller
I have the Trumpeter 1/32 and THAT looks big. Depending on the price and the other marking schemes I may be tempted to get this.

Re: Airfix 1/24 Hellcat Announced

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:58 pm
by SteelScooter
The wings fold so that may help those with limited space. Definitely getting one of these at some point. I got the Typhoon for £55 in a sale so I will probably wait for that.

:cheers2: