Page 1 of 1

Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:18 pm
by Quax
Mostly been working on the quad 2cm and the turret
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Cheers
Paul

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:32 am
by Kevthemodeller
Now that's good, very good the weathering is amazing Paul :clap:

I'm following this with great interest :th:

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:17 am
by SEBa111
Thats amazing. Does the kit include crew? I would love a quad AA being "active"

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:18 pm
by digger303
SEBa111 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:17 am Thats amazing. Does the kit include crew? I would love a quad AA being "active"
I don't have any crew in my kit...so I don't think so. :cry: The academy kit 971 does.

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:03 pm
by Quax
thanks guys, unfortunately it doesn't include a crew but there are a few sets out there for 2cm flak but all in "action" poses so I might try to cobble together a crew from other sources.

cheers

Paul

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:03 pm
by Quax
Day off so a bit of progress made...
Image

Image

I'm toying with the idea of a duo with this, it's been a shelf queen since Tomcat I think did one rather well an as a consequence I lost the will

Image

Cheers
Paul

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:51 pm
by Tomcat64
Nice work mate - the wear and tear on the gun assembly is great! :clap:

I've not built an Elefant so not guilty on that one! I think Stokesy did one for the winter build so it might have been that one you were thinking of?

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:31 pm
by Quax
@Tomcat64 Thanks Neil and you're right it was Stokesy's Elefant I was thinking of :th:

cheers

Paul

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:06 pm
by rcfanuk
Nice job mate, I have one in the stash, so good to know it comes out ok

Steve

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:20 pm
by Quax
Thanks Steve, there's some typical Dragon instructions but it's otherwise ok.
Some more pics, assembly finished, these are fruils recycled from a Jpz iv. Some gloss ,weathering and some touching up yet to come but enough about me..

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Cheers
Paul

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:35 pm
by Kevthemodeller
I'm loving this, she's looking really good Paul :th: :th:

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:16 pm
by aur0ra145
Really nice finish!

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:38 pm
by Tomcat64
That looks great mate! Very nicely done :clap: :clap: :clap:

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:17 pm
by Quax
Many thanks for the nice comments. Calling this done now. The only thing I would consider changing is the awful 'spring' that dragon supply for a tow cable, it kept pinging the clamp off and would only fit with a very sharp bend so copper is the way to go, I took the alternative way that it was lost in the fog of battle... :shifty:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Cheers and happy New year.

Paul

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:37 pm
by Kevthemodeller
Looks a treat Paul the chipping and weathering are superb mate. :clap: :th:

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:30 pm
by Tomcat64
Great work Paul - nicely finished with some excellent sag :clap:

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:49 pm
by ElCapitan
That looks fantastic - the weathering is great!

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:58 pm
by digger303
:th: :th: :th: :cheers2:

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:52 am
by Quax
Tomcat64 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:30 pm Great work Paul - nicely finished with some excellent sag :clap:
I know I've put on weight over Christmas but that's just rude... :lol:

Thanks for your kind comments guys, always much appreciated! :bow::

Paul

Re: Dragon flakpanzer iv Wirbelwind 1/35

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:05 pm
by Tomcat64
Quax wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:52 am
Tomcat64 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:30 pm Great work Paul - nicely finished with some excellent sag :clap:
I know I've put on weight over Christmas but that's just rude... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: