Page 1 of 1
Best "tool" i have ever bought.
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:52 am
by garymorris6890
Whilst I was at SMW I bought the optivisor with 5 interchangeable lenses. I saw it on one stand at 24.99 and then directly opposite it was on sale for 12.99. i took the obvious route and have to say that this has improved my modelling in leaps and bounds especially when painting fine areas and applying decals to 1/72 kits (i have just started the Airfix 1/72 Red Arrows hawk) especially in the cockpit area.
If you dont have a pair of these then I strongly recommend you invest in them.
Re: Best "tool" i have ever bought.
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:45 am
by Timplastic
Hi Gary
I have always been told they are good for the extra zoom.
I’ve always found it hard getting my depth perception when using anything that magnifies.
I have a string pair of reading glasses at the mo that help if needed but when my eyes give me issues the optivisor will be an item I look out for
And well done for finding it at a reduced price
Re: Best "tool" i have ever bought.
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:18 pm
by onemac
I have a few of them in various states of repair - I seem to be very hard on them. Good thing is I can have different magnification on each one. Invaluable tool for me though.
Al
Re: Best "tool" i have ever bought.
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:18 pm
by digger303
The Chinese do a optivisor copy with a complete lens set. I must say that it is a good copy and I have both so I can compare. If anything the head band adjuster isn't as good as the original, but it isn't too horrible and is easy to live with. The lenses seem to be good quality and I haven't experienced any head aches using them.
Re: Best "tool" i have ever bought.
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:54 pm
by garymorris6890
I am so impressed with them they have really helped me and already improved my modelling work. They certainly remove the fear of painting smaller parts and to be hones the larger parts are easier as well.