Page 1 of 1

1/35 Tamiya Stug IV

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:58 am
by stoves

Re: 1/35 Tamiya Stug IV

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:42 am
by Kevthemodeller
Very nice, loving that exhaust :th: :clap:

Re: 1/35 Tamiya Stug IV

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:26 am
by SEBa111
Can I ask how you did the thin mud layer on side fenders? It looks nice and smooth, and I could use It for my self in a near future :whistle:

Re: 1/35 Tamiya Stug IV

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:01 pm
by Gary30
SEBa111 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:26 am Can I ask how you did the thin mud layer on side fenders? It looks nice and smooth, and I could use It for my self in a near future :whistle:
I achieve that effect by mixing a little dry pigment (I use dry pastel and grind it up) mixed with some Tamiya X-20A and brush it on.

If you want it thicker, use more pastel, if you want it thinner, use more X-20A

Re: 1/35 Tamiya Stug IV

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:39 pm
by stoves
SEBa111 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:26 am Can I ask how you did the thin mud layer on side fenders? It looks nice and smooth, and I could use It for my self in a near future :whistle:
Thanks all for the nice comments. I used Vallejo Natural Umber pigmwnt nixed with Vallejo Dark Brown wash for the mud/dirt.