Page 1 of 1
X-15
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:30 pm
by DRUMS01
Something quick and easy, a 1/72 Monogram X-15...
Thanks for looking and comments welcome...
v/r,
Ben
Re: X-15
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:50 am
by Timplastic
Nice work Ben
Very interesting craft
Re: X-15
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:34 am
by DRUMS01
Thanks Tim, the hardest part was removing the seams; the rest of the assembly was easy and completed in just a couple days. There was a little challenge also with the gloss black , decals, gloss coat, then dull coat while keeping a grit free (satin smooth) finish; but I am happy with the results. The last thing I did was attach the astronaut to the leading edge of the base by his heels. Now he will not get lost and he follows wherever it goes. It was built for a friend as a surprise gift.
Ben
Re: X-15
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:05 pm
by Kevthemodeller
Cracking build Ben

I've always loved these X craft built as testing platforms for space and other cutting edge aviation

Re: X-15
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:50 pm
by Tomcat64
Superb work Ben - love the display base too.

Re: X-15
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:54 pm
by aur0ra145
Nice looking little kit!
Re: X-15
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:45 am
by DRUMS01
Thanks everyone.....
It was very simple in 1/72 scale.
I really appreciate the looks and comments though...
Ben