Page 1 of 1
Ford Cortina mk2
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:37 pm
by Ken23
Hi, has anyone ever seen or knows where to buy a kit of a Cortina my 2 or mk4,
It seem there are so many other unusual models out there but the humble Contina gets overlooked
Re: Ford Cortina mk2
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:25 am
by Kevthemodeller
Airfix did a Lotus Mk1 other than that I don't know of any.
Re: Ford Cortina mk2
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:19 am
by Ken23
Thanks Kev,
I think it’s a shame that such an iconic car for me when I first starting to drive has been missed. We can get loads of obscure models like the cappuccino or Beat but not one that had such an impact on the sixties, seventies or eighties.
You see them all the time on programmes such as Minder, The Sweeny and more recently Ashes to Ashes or any other programme of that era.
Oh well that’s my soap box rant over, look forward to getting involved with other matters in the future.
Re: Ford Cortina mk2
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:43 am
by Kevthemodeller
I know mate, like you I had a Mk2 1600E, Mk3 2.0GXL, Mk4 2,0GL, Mk5 1.6GL and was offered a Mk1 Louts for £380

in 85 but I never bought

I wish I had.
So yes you could say I was a fan

Re: Ford Cortina mk2
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:48 pm
by tommy
also interested in the Cortina, I searched online but no luck