Page 1 of 1

The body-less Nissan R390

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:26 pm
by barryf1fan
Did this kit ages ago. Tamiya Nissan R390, and had a blast doing it. One of the more enjoyable kits I did, back when I was still doing models regularly (about 15-20 years ago, pre-children :D ). The body was completed ruined and decided to just leave it as is... someday I'm hoping to find another kit and finish it.

Image

Image

Image

I had put a lot of work into this one (for me anyway, most the models here just freaking amaze me) and it was really frustrating to mess the body up. Anyway, thought I would share as I've kept this one for a long time.

Re: The body-less Nissan R390

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:50 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
The chassis looks great :thumb2:
Did you toss the body??
You could strip it and try it again

Re: The body-less Nissan R390

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:17 pm
by barryf1fan
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:50 pm The chassis looks great :thumb2:
Did you toss the body??
You could strip it and try it again
Painted it, twice, and stripped it twice. 3rd time wasn't a charm. :lol: :lol:
Accidentally melted the A pillars and the roof collapsed. :wall: Was crushed to say the least, but, it was just a model and a learning lesson. Don't use Easy Off, EVER, to strip a body. :mrgreen:

Chucked the "chopped" R390 body in the trash.

And thanks for the kind words about the chassis - back when the eyes were a bit stronger.

Re: The body-less Nissan R390

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:54 am
by kiwigav
Nice work Mate. :th: :th:
Im putting this kit on the back burner for now, but will figure out a good red at some point.

stay tuned for what I'm going to get instead