Page 1 of 1
M4 Sherman /france 1944?
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:02 pm
by Ireus1968
Hello,
My first American M4 Sherman tank. I am asking for comments about the model.
Re: M4 Sherman /france 1944?
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:59 pm
by Kevthemodeller
Very nice, great looking base

Re: M4 Sherman /france 1944?
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:48 am
by DRUMS01
This is a very nice build. The display base looks very nice with the Sherman. Your work and application is very clean.
Now asking for input, please keep in mind that I am not a professional and I can only comment on the photo as I cannot see it in person. My comments are not intended to detract from a great build. They are nothing more than a "what else would I do" input and are my opinion only.
I would perhaps take the shine off the paint a little more, perhaps that could be done with a dirty wash over everything. I would also shade the tarp more in the wrinkles. These are small inputs and are only my personal preferences. Others would think my input is unjust or inaccurate. My comments do not mean it is not already a fantastic job as it sits, it is really nice!
Great job....
Ben
Re: M4 Sherman /france 1944?
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:00 am
by TheNordus
It looks good as it is, but here's a few things you could have maybe done to add detail or maybe just do some things differently:
Usually there would be wires or rope tying down the stowage, especially on the engine deck.
A much more realistic finish for the M2 Browning (at least in my opinion) would be to paint it black and maybe add just a slight drybrush of metallic colour.
The middle part of the sherman's tracks (the "pad") should be rubber black in colour, as they were made of rubber.
By the way, I'm not looking to argue, but I don't think an additional wash will help tone down any extra glossiness. In my experience it makes things worse. I'm struggling with this issue on a T-34 I'm building right now.
Still, you did a good job on this one.