Opinions on Sparmax SB-88 Extractor

Post Reply
User avatar
AlexBB
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Clangerland, Nr Walsall, West Mids
Contact:
England

Opinions on Sparmax SB-88 Extractor

Post by AlexBB »

Hiya Guys n Gals,
I am planning on getting a new extractor to replace the cheap chinese 12v box one I have, I know there were group buys in the past on the Benchvent 300S-D but they don't seem to happen anymore.. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Having looked at the big picture and what I use on a regular basis (Tamiya acrylics, Vallejo Model air) I am not so sure I really need 355 M3/Hr extraction rate that the BV 300S-D gives and have the need to have a 100mm vent ducting out through the wall!!

I am considering the Sparmax SB-88 which is £145 cheaper and has a 68mm hose which I can use with my Mr Hobby GT-03E vent attachment out through the trickle vent on my office window...
Also the filters are way cheaper at £10 cheaper, which is a consideration!

The Sparmax states it is 62 DB so is 4 higher than the Benchvent at 58 DB, so it seems a tad noisier but not sure I would really notice that as a difference..

Does anyone have the Sparmax?? What do you think of it?? Has anyone had any experience of both as a comparison??
Alex J Beebee
On The Bench ... Italeri 3635 Willys MB Jeep - Parked!!! 3 x Airfix A68214 Mary Rose starter kits for an Xmas diorama thingy!!
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Opinions on Sparmax SB-88 Extractor

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

I have a Benchvent and it is great, certainly noisy but sucks everything out the window including 2K clears so no smell in room at all
Your logic for the Sparmax is completely reasonable and I am sure it will do absolutely fine for you
At that price point it is worth trying and if you need to go to the Benchvent you could always sell the Sparmax..but I doubt you will need to
my $.02
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Opinions on Sparmax SB-88 Extractor

Post by digger303 »

. Where as having had a similar Chinese brand as the sparmax you are looking at I would not recommend as a good long term solution. In fact you can have my old one if you like...free.
You have to compare the actual amount of air shifted and then remember as it is being used it will reduce as the filter blocks. I would buy a benchventbv 300sd.
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Tools”