Page 1 of 1
Model kit
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:58 pm
by Lynx
Hi All,
I've come across a Lindberg Curtiss Jenny 1/48 kit, I've never heard of them, does anyone know if they are any good?

Re: Model kit
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:26 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Lynx wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:58 pm
Hi All,
I've come across a Lindberg Curtiss Jenny 1/48 kit, I've never heard of them, does anyone know if they are any good?
Do a google review, bit of a narrow topic
I have made a Lindbergh space shuttle kit and it was fine...not perfect but a good start
Re: Model kit
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:38 am
by DRUMS01
I built it a couple decades ago. It fit pretty good, but the details are a little below average and with very little engine or cockpit detail. Front screen is molded in plastic. Mine came with a pilot and crew member. I believe it also had a tow bar. The jenny was one of the most produced bi-planes ever. I have seen many different colors on its wings and fuselage. With some creativity and a lot of rigging, it can look neat though....
P.S. it should be very cheap..... right?
Ben
Re: Model kit
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:38 am
by Lynx
The guy wants £5 for it but could probably get it for less. I just thought it looks an interesting build and a challenge for me as I've not done any rigging before.