Page 1 of 1
Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:57 pm
by jmurphy18
Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:39 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Awesome Murph, let her rip

Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:17 pm
by TommyKillander
That kit looks great
Good luck with the build!
Tommy
Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:44 pm
by jmurphy18
Thanks Scott!
Thanks Tommy!
Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:20 am
by Modelfreek
Incredible detail on those Bandai kits. And they go together so well. Now if could only
Find a “Rey” figure to jump over it....lol good luck.

Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:45 am
by Tomcat64
Great stuff - Bandai really raised the bar with the level of detail and buildability on these Star Wars kits.
Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:50 pm
by jmurphy18
Thanks to all very much! Just waiting on a shipment of paint and primer to get started
Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:20 pm
by jmurphy18
Update: I got the cockpit primered yesterday. Today I just finished painting the Dart Vader wanna be. I also finished spraying the cockpit parts. I hope to glue the parts tomorrow afternoon after my chores & do some detail paint on the cockpit. I would like to find some time to primer the outer cockpit parts as I just now decided on a paint scheme for the Tie Inceptetor
Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:15 am
by jmurphy18
I finally got a chance to finish the interior, add decals and prime some more cockpit bits.

I assembled and painted the pilot section and then built the interior ball

I got all the interior details done but ran out of time before I could paint the outer shell. I am going to mix some custom colors tomorrow and then paint the exterior. Still trying to come out with a color for the solar wings.
Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:37 am
by Tomcat64
Great progress John, this is coming along nicely

Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:33 pm
by jmurphy18
Thanks Tomcat!!
Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:09 pm
by jmurphy18
Update on my build: I have finished the center cockpit area. I mixed a custom paint as I did not want grey or white so I ended with 3 parts white 1 part Lt Grey for the color choice
Here is the finished area after paint
Here is the area after I finished adding some details with some paint & marker while watching the 24 hr of Le Mans
I primed the solar panels and frames yesterday. Today I painted the solar panels & developed a custom color for the framework. Felt like a mad scientist mixing 3 colors & thinner to get a color. Grey, Titanium silver, & metallic silver with equal parts Mr Hobby thinner.
Looking to find some time this week to do some more detail work on the solar wings prior to assembly.
Thanks for looking
Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:07 pm
by digger303
jmurphy18 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:09 pm
Update on my build: I have finished the center cockpit area. I mixed a custom paint as I did not want grey or white so I ended with 3 parts white 1 part Lt Grey for the color choice
Here is the finished area after paint
Here is the area after I finished adding some details with some paint & marker while watching the 24 hr of Le Mans
I primed the solar panels and frames yesterday. Today I painted the solar panels & developed a custom color for the framework. Felt like a mad scientist mixing 3 colors & thinner to get a color. Grey, Titanium silver, & metallic silver with equal parts Mr Hobby thinner.
Looking to find some time this week to do some more detail work on the solar wings prior to assembly.
Thanks for looking
good color choice and the build looks good.
Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:08 pm
by jmurphy18
Thank you very much Digger!
Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:41 pm
by Tomcat64
More good progress - I agree with Digger that's a really good colour choice.
Plenty to keep you distracted with Le Mans last weekend too

Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:34 pm
by jmurphy18
Update:
I finished the solar panels and finally glued up the center area to complete the Tie Fighter. Between the migraine and the thundering rain the last 3 days I had the time to finish

Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:00 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Man look at you model!!!
Nice clean builds, well organized photo/backgrounds and perfect pictures
I am very impressed..gonna go clean off my messy workbench and re-do all my photos

Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:25 pm
by kiwigav
Nice work mate
Crisp and neat paintwork and great photography too

Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:15 pm
by jmurphy18
Thank you both very much! I will call this build finished and post as such. BTW this was taken in a 36" light tent with 24" LED photo soft boxes. Not on my messy desk

Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:35 pm
by kiwigav
jmurphy18 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:15 pm
Thank you both very much! I will call this build finished and post as such. BTW this was taken in a 36" light tent with 24" LED photo soft boxes. Not on my messy desk
Be good to see your photo set up as I have been looking at one of those tents out of China recently
Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:44 pm
by jmurphy18
Gav, I will post a shot in the morning for you
Re: Star Wars Tie Interceptor
Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:25 pm
by jmurphy18
kiwigav wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:35 pm
jmurphy18 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:15 pm
Thank you both very much! I will call this build finished and post as such. BTW this was taken in a 36" light tent with 24" LED photo soft boxes. Not on my messy desk
Be good to see your photo set up as I have been looking at one of those tents out of China recently
Gav
Here are some shots of my light tent you asked about. I have had mine about ~ 20 years now

so it is well build and has taken some hard knocks. Lights were a piece of doggie do though. Broke both in < 2 years and had both replaced under warranty 3 times. 24" & 18". The 18 is long gone now and the 24" I cannot take apart or it will self destruct, cheep plastic along the mounting ring and the filing rods
The tent however is excellent

This is the tent with a variegated background that I use. The lights are new ~ 3 years now. LED's I got off Amazon
Here is the setup I used for today's shot of the Lando M Falcon

I am using a Nikon D850 w/24-70 f/2.8 to take the pictures, Shots were taken with a D500 & 14mm lens so ~ 21mm as it's a crop camera. Any questions just ask.
PS the big silver thing is my water drop rig. I do water drop photography also.