Page 1 of 1

1/35 Takom V2 with transporter

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:09 am
by stoves
Recently finished this. There is a truck that goes with this. Will build it later. The rocket is 16 inches tall plus the stand.

Image20190609_155621 by Chris Stover, on Flickr
Image20190609_155654 by Chris Stover, on Flickr
Image20190609_155706 by Chris Stover, on Flickr
Image20190609_155713 by Chris Stover, on Flickr
Image20190609_155731 by Chris Stover, on Flickr
Image20190609_155739 by Chris Stover, on Flickr
Image20190609_155746 by Chris Stover, on Flickr
Image20190609_155803 by Chris Stover, on Flickr
Image20190609_155821 by Chris Stover, on Flickr
Image20190609_155830 by Chris Stover, on Flickr
Image20190609_155941 by Chris Stover, on Flickr
Image20190609_155949 by Chris Stover, on Flickr
Image20190609_155959 by Chris Stover, on Flickr
Image20190609_160010 by Chris Stover, on Flickr
Image20190609_160057 by Chris Stover, on Flickr
Image20190609_160105 by Chris Stover, on Flickr
Image20190609_160117 by Chris Stover, on Flickr
Image20190609_160127 by Chris Stover, on Flickr

Re: 1/35 Takom V2 with transporter

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:38 am
by Hawkmoon
Nice work and looking good :th: :banana: :th: :cheers2:

Re: 1/35 Takom V2 with transporter

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:05 pm
by digger303
I have that and its stashed :( never mind. I was wondering if you had any trouble getting the rocket together. I had a look at mine when I got it and thought a little bit of filler might be needed, but there was a lot of small detail that sanding might remove.
Lovely build :th: :cheers2:

Re: 1/35 Takom V2 with transporter

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:44 am
by stoves
digger303 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:05 pm I have that and its stashed :( never mind. I was wondering if you had any trouble getting the rocket together. I had a look at mine when I got it and thought a little bit of filler might be needed, but there was a lot of small detail that sanding might remove.
Lovely build :th: :cheers2:
Thank you for the nice comments. Yes, I used some vallejo perfect plastic putty on the seems of the rocket. It cleans up with water. Can use the tip of a finger dipped in water to remove the excess. Minimal sanding needed.

Re: 1/35 Takom V2 with transporter

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:54 am
by digger303
stoves wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:44 am
digger303 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:05 pm I have that and its stashed :( never mind. I was wondering if you had any trouble getting the rocket together. I had a look at mine when I got it and thought a little bit of filler might be needed, but there was a lot of small detail that sanding might remove.
Lovely build :th: :cheers2:
Thank you for the nice comments. Yes, I used some vallejo perfect plastic putty on the seems of the rocket. It cleans up with water. Can use the tip of a finger dipped in water to remove the excess. Minimal sanding needed.
Thanks, that's easy then I was worrying unnecessarily :th: :cheers2: I ended up with another V2 rocket today as it came with Strabokan crane.

Re: 1/35 Takom V2 with transporter

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:24 pm
by jmurphy18
Wonderful looking! The color and the details look great

Re: 1/35 Takom V2 with transporter

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:12 pm
by stoves
Thank you for the nice comment.