Page 1 of 1

Tron 1/18 Ferrari 512 BB

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:57 pm
by wardsmodelbuilder
Here is my latest commission project, this one is a 1/18 scale Tron Ferrari 512 BB 1978 LeMans resin kit.

Image

It is going to be built straight out of the box as the customer doesn't want any extra detail work adding. With it being a curbside body there isn't much that could be added anyway other then maybe some extra work around the dash and seats.

Image

The resin mould is pretty good, i've seen better but after a little bit of tidying up its just about ready for paint. As is pretty standard with my builds I will be using the Zero paints brand on this build.

Image

Everything else is pretty standard for a multimedia kit, parts have a good level of detail on them and after some cleaning up should produce a nice model.

Thanks

Re: Tron 1/18 Ferrari 512 BB

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:45 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Image

Hmm, I dont remember a Ferrari in Tron

Re: Tron 1/18 Ferrari 512 BB

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:01 pm
by wardsmodelbuilder
An update on the progress,

After a lot of sanding and priming I was finally happy with the quality of the bodywork. The body panels on this kit were not either smooth of level but once that was sorted the red went on very well, and makes the effort worth it.

Image

Once that was fully dried I was able to mask off for the lower half black sections.

Image

and paint them black,

Image

I have now added all the bodywork decals as the lacquer on this build is going over them.

Image

So far, so good. I have also been working on the interior which I will cover in the next update whilst the clear on the body is drying.

Thanks
Chris
www.wardsmodelbuilder.com
wardsmodelbuilder@outlook.com

Re: Tron 1/18 Ferrari 512 BB

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:58 pm
by wardsmodelbuilder
Here is what will probably be the last update before this one is finished. The body has now been clear coated and the decals have held up very well with no damage. It has been drying for over a week so should be ready for sanding out the imperfections now.

Image

The customer decided he wanted something added to busy up the interior a little, so I have added a little wiring and plumbing bits.

Image
Image

I think this will add a nice finish to the model, which has turned out to be a very enjoyable build. The kit isn't as polished as a Studio 27 kit however it still makes a very solid model.

Once the bodywork is sanded and polished I will finish up by adding the exterior fittings, and bringing the two halves together.

Re: Tron 1/18 Ferrari 512 BB

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:30 am
by Kevthemodeller
Superb colour and clear coats :th: the decals really make it the body pop, lovely seat belts :clap:

Re: Tron 1/18 Ferrari 512 BB

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:08 pm
by wardsmodelbuilder
Here are a few photos of the finished model. 

Image

Everything went together quite easily but I did have some issue with the windows that, to be truthful just aren't very good in this kit. 

Image

Image

Other than the windows, all the other parts fitted together very well, and the additional detail pieces such as the side number lights and windscreen clips are a nice touch (included in the kit).

Image

Image

Turned out pretty well, for a stock build, which is all the customer wanted for this one. 

Thanks
Chris



www.wardsmodelbuilder.com

wardsmodelbuilder@outlook.com

Re: Tron 1/18 Ferrari 512 BB

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:31 pm
by barryf1fan
Turned out great! Looks like a cool 1/24 slotcar with the wide body kit. Customer will love it !! :th: