Page 1 of 1

Matchbox 1/72 Boeing Vertol Chinook HC Mk.1 CH-47D

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:33 pm
by ManCupboardModels
I picked this vintage kit up from a model stall at the RAF Waddington Air Show earlier this year. For £10, I couldn't resist! There's a Falklands War scheme option which I'll be doing, as I was based there (Mt Kent), in the early 90's.

Sprue shots to follow soon. :cheers2:

Image

Re: Matchbox 1/72 Boeing Vertol Chinook HC Mk.1 CH-47D

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:26 pm
by fly1ngdutchm4n
Love the Chinook!
Living close to a militairy airbase, so see and hear them fly over regularly. There awesome!
Good luck on building this model :th:

Re: Matchbox 1/72 Boeing Vertol Chinook HC Mk.1 CH-47D

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:38 pm
by ManCupboardModels
fly1ngdutchm4n wrote:Love the Chinook!
Living close to a militairy airbase, so see and hear them fly over regularly. There awesome!
Good luck on building this model :th:
Cheers mate. The Chinook display at Waddington was the highlight for me. The way the pilot slung the beast about was awesome!! Good luck with your model too! :th: :cheers2:

Re: Matchbox 1/72 Boeing Vertol Chinook HC Mk.1 CH-47D

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:13 am
by spruecutter
Nice one, :thumb2: Is there a date on this to say when it was manufactured?

Re: Matchbox 1/72 Boeing Vertol Chinook HC Mk.1 CH-47D

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:55 am
by gosselin2112
That's a big bird in a small scale. Will be nice to see a Matchbox kit come together.

Re: Matchbox 1/72 Boeing Vertol Chinook HC Mk.1 CH-47D

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:09 pm
by ManCupboardModels
Apologies to all but I won't be able to meet this GB deadline due to a hectic past few weeks with work and family. I will complete the kit though one day! :)