Page 1 of 1

Car polishing and waxing

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:49 pm
by ryan81
Hi guys,

Has anyone got some advice as to how to polish and wax cars? Any and all info on brands, equipment required and techniques would be much appreciated.

From Paul's videos and research so far I'm leaning towards this:
-Novus polishing compound but unsure of the process with the 3 different grades
-Tamiya do polishing compounds also but again, not sure on the process - do you need to go through all grades or is just the finishing compound enough
-Not sure on what material to polish with. The cloths are hard to come by in NZ and the best alternative I can find is a Tamiya 3000 polishing sheet and Tamiya polishing sponges
-Have found a Tamiya wax which I assume is applied last

Thanks in advance!

Re: Car polishing and waxing

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:05 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
I am sure there is a video Paul has done in his techniques section of you tube on this
I don’t polish so have no info for you :shifty:

Re: Car polishing and waxing

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:20 pm
by Paul
Hold fire for a little bit as a new polish will be out soon

Re: Car polishing and waxing

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:37 am
by ryan81
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:05 pm I am sure there is a video Paul has done in his techniques section of you tube on this
I don’t polish so have no info for you :shifty:
I thought so too but could only find him applying wax

Re: Car polishing and waxing

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:38 am
by ryan81
Paul wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:20 pm Hold fire for a little bit as a new polish will be out soon
Awesome, will do!