Hi I'm new

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
Delticfan78
Private
Private
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:25 pm
England

Hi I'm new

Post by Delticfan78 »

Hi there I'm brand new to modeling and have joined the forum because I could use some advice from experienced modelers, I'm currently working on my second model which is a tamiya honda rc213v 14 , and if I could get any help and advise from the forum members, it would be really helpful and appreciated.
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Hi I'm new

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Hello and welcome
Post away some questions or start a build thread
Photos best hosted with Flickr
:cheers2:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
Pete75
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:24 am
Great Britain

Re: Hi I'm new

Post by Pete75 »

:welcome: Howdy new friend
soup
Private
Private
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:34 pm
England

Re: Hi I'm new

Post by soup »

Hello :hi:
Hawkmoon
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2121
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:19 pm
England

Re: Hi I'm new

Post by Hawkmoon »

:welcome: to the forum :thumb2:
User avatar
KalebB
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:01 am
Location: Southern Indiana, USA
United States of America

Re: Hi I'm new

Post by KalebB »

:welcome: to the forum, glad to have ya :th: :banana:
"This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I’m talkin’ to whoever’s listenin’ out there" ~ Jack Burton

On the Bench
Delticfan78
Private
Private
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:25 pm
England

Re: Hi I'm new

Post by Delticfan78 »

Thanks to everyone for all the positive comments, I hope to post some photos of my tamiya honda rc213v soon and hope to get some pointers on things, I'm really struggling with painting the ceilings at the moment.
Delticfan78
Private
Private
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:25 pm
England

Re: Hi I'm new

Post by Delticfan78 »

Sorry, predictive text, I meant I'm struggling on painting the cowlings!!!!
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Hi I'm new

Post by digger303 »

I'm sure the experienced car guys can help you and everyone would enjoy your posts as well. It's a two way street. :th: :th: :welcome: :welcome: :cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Hi I'm new

Post by Kevthemodeller »

:welcome:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
onemac
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 6:24 pm
Location: Lossiemouth, UK
Great Britain

Re: Hi I'm new

Post by onemac »

Hi and welcome to the forum :hi:

As well as the forum there's a great Youtube channel: ISM Youtube, a great Facebook site: International Scale Modeller a live show on Friday nights with great laughs, tips and hints and even free prize draws: ISM Friday Night Live at the Bench and if you have a webcam there's off-air hangouts where you can join live which I thoroughly recommend: Off Air Hangout Group.

The main thing is to ask questions - don't be afraid as the folks here are very helpful, friendly (well pretty much anyway) and range in experience from me to well, Paul Bretland to name that famous car making modelling mentor (not my words).

Enjoy and post away :thumb1:

Al
Currently on the bench:

1/32 Tamiya F-15E Strike Eagle
1/48 GWH T-33 Shooting Star
1/48 Revell (Monogram) F-15C Eagle
User avatar
Donkeywalloper
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:06 pm
Location: Burton upon Trent
Great Britain

Re: Hi I'm new

Post by Donkeywalloper »

You have just got involved in some of the finest Modellers and Artistes walking, crawling on this planet.
No criticism or boasting. Good honest advice and wonderful banter.
:cheers2: DW
Bench:1/35 Tamiya Tiger 1 Mid Production with lots of Aftermarket Stuff
Completed: Vespid 1/72 Comet A10
Shelf: Lots (101 Kits of multiple scales) of Armour + couple of Flappy / Wing Things, found a KV2 95% built and primed four years ago. Plus a few Lego Tech kits, to help restore MoJo
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Hi I'm new

Post by digger303 »

Donkeywalloper wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:08 pm You have just got involved in some of the finest Modellers and Artistes walking, crawling on this planet.
No criticism or boasting. Good honest advice and wonderful banter.
:cheers2: DW
That's got you covered, the rest of us just get by :mrgreen: :whistle: :lol: :lol:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”