Page 1 of 1

products for weathering

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:25 pm
by Meliodas2019
Hi all,

looking for some advice on weathering, I am looking to give it a go for the first time, however after looking at videos and reading posts on here I am still bit confused what products to use

so do people recommend buying the pre made products from MIG, Vallejo etc or use oils as I seen in some vids
any guidance would be great and what people use themselves

Re: products for weathering

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:25 am
by KalebB
As far as washes go. I use Mig washes and make my own by diluting enamel model paint heavily with mineral spirits. Ultimate sells a clay based wash that's also great.

Pigment powders I use are by mig or ground up artists chalks, both work great. Pigment fixer can be from a company or just use mineral spirits, it works well to attach the pigment.

You can also make your own mud by mixing water, white glue, and real dirt.

I hope some of this helps

Cheers :th: :banana: