Page 1 of 1

Hello from Winnipeg!

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:05 am
by iSteve
As in, Winnipeg, Canada.

I’ve been a member of the ISM Facebook page and thought I’d sign up for the forums as well, since I’ve been very happy with the community Paul & Lee have put together.

I’ve been model building since I was about 5 years old, on and off, and got back into the hobby with both barrels about 8 years ago. I’m still what I would consider an intermediately skilled modeler, but have learned an awful lot in the last few years thanks to groups like this one. I need to build more to put those new skills into practice.

I’m looking forward to hearing and seeing what you all can do, and hopefully giving back through what I’ve learned in more than 45 years of experience. I’m mostly looking forward to finding my new modeling home here.

Cheers!

Re: Hello from Winnipeg!

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:31 am
by digger303
More than :welcome: and look forward to your contributions. As you might have seen we have a few Canadians in the group.
:th: :th: :cheers2:

Re: Hello from Winnipeg!

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:45 am
by ForbesHutton
From Winterpeg you say? At least it's a dry cold.

Image

:welcome: :cheers2:

Re: Hello from Winnipeg!

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:30 am
by KalebB
Welcome to the forum :th: :banana:

Re: Hello from Winnipeg!

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 am
by ElCapitan
:welcome:

Re: Hello from Winnipeg!

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:31 am
by digger303
ForbesHutton wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:45 am From Winterpeg you say? At least it's a dry cold.

Image

:welcome: :cheers2:
:lol:

Re: Hello from Winnipeg!

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:53 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Hello and welcome from the wet side of the country
Let me know if you need any help navigating,
Flickr or another outside photo host is good for hosting pics
:cheers2:

Re: Hello from Winnipeg!

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:47 pm
by iSteve
Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Yes, it is indeed a dry cold. Minus 31 last week but back to a comfortable minus 9 this weekend.

So I need a host for photos? Flickr is a good one Scott? Thanks!

Re: Hello from Winnipeg!

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:49 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
iSteve wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:47 pm Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Yes, it is indeed a dry cold. Minus 31 last week but back to a comfortable minus 9 this weekend.

So I need a host for photos? Flickr is a good one Scott? Thanks!
Yes, start with Flickr . They give you 1000 pics I think still before you have to sign up and pay
That way you can see if you like the abuse on the forum before committing any $
;)

Re: Hello from Winnipeg!

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:23 pm
by Hawkmoon
:welcome: To the forum and enjoy your time with us :thumb2:

Re: Hello from Winnipeg!

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:52 pm
by Kevthemodeller
:welcome: