Page 1 of 1
Chengbo - sailing ship
Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:44 am
by Džar
Re: Chengbo - sailing ship
Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:07 pm
by Meliodas2019
hats off to you sir that is a stunning build it looks amazing. fantastic job

Re: Chengbo - sailing ship
Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:43 pm
by digger303
Re: Chengbo - sailing ship
Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:21 pm
by tg18083
Very nice - you should be proud!
Re: Chengbo - sailing ship
Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:22 pm
by RangerNeil
I actually built the Heller Victory - took me 6 months start to finish, half of that on the rigging. They provide neat little jigs to make up the hammock netting and ratlines - very time consuming but look fantastic when done. Conversely the vac-formed sails are not worth bothering with in my opinion. Best to leave the yardarms bare.
I left it in my parents house when I moved out and when Dad passed away my brother-in-laws parents started clearing his house whilst the funeral service was on. Every kit I'd left there - the Victory, the 1/72 Flower class Corvette etc. had all been literally thrown into a corner and smashed beyond. repair.

