Page 1 of 1

1/32 Hasegawa Mitsubishi Zero

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:04 pm
by wardsmodelbuilder
Started a new commission build a few days ago, expecting it to be a pretty quick build as its a standard straight out of the box build request so I thought I'd share some build photos rather than just the finished model. 



Cockpit details, nothing too special but parts nicely moulded and a good amount if detailing. I had taken these photos prior to adding some gloss over the dials, apologies for that.
Image
Image
Image







Both halves of the main body went together pretty well, just a little bit of fiddling required to get the cockpit to sit correctly. 
Image







and the wings fitted in very easily, there will need to be a little filling to be done and general tidy up. But so far a very simple kit that works very well. 



Thanks

Chris

Re: 1/32 Hasegawa Mitsubishi Zero

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:55 pm
by wardsmodelbuilder
Quick update on the zero, all the filling and sanding down has been completed so I was able to get he first coat of paint on there. (not gloss has appears in the photo!!!)

Image

Once fully dry will mask off for the lower half colour which is an off white.

I have also built up the engine with a very simple bit of detailing with some rust weathering paint, and painted the engine cowling in a flat black.

Image

Thanks
Chris

Re: 1/32 Hasegawa Mitsubishi Zero

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:50 am
by digger303
Cracking work or should I say fun :)
:th: :th: :cheers2:

Re: 1/32 Hasegawa Mitsubishi Zero

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:25 pm
by wardsmodelbuilder
hello all, hope everyone is staying safe.

Making good progress on the zero, here are a few photos.

Image

I have painted the lower half in the off white, which was a mix of white and the main body green.

Image

I have also started to add the decals.

Image

Next will be to seal the model with a matt varnish, final construction and then do a little weathering.

Hopefully I should be able to show the finsihed model in the next few days.

Thanks
Chris

Re: 1/32 Hasegawa Mitsubishi Zero

Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:18 am
by wardsmodelbuilder
And, here is the finished model. Everything went together pretty easily for the final construction, customer asked for a little weathering so I used a dark wash and put a few marks and scuffs here and there.

All in all not turned out too bad for a quick out of the box build.

Image
Image
Image
Image

On to the next one...!!!!!

Thanks
Chris

Re: 1/32 Hasegawa Mitsubishi Zero

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:48 am
by Kevthemodeller
Very nice, lovely engine :clap: :clap: