Page 1 of 1

Using a sharpie...

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:01 pm
by MikeyKb
Has anyone had any experience using a sharpie or fine-tip permanent marker to do some outlining? I've been thinking of using one to highlight some of the panels... thoughts?

Thank you in advance, oh wonderful ISM guru's of modelling :bow::

:nena:

Re: Using a sharpie...

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:23 pm
by MikeyKb
anyone??

Re: Using a sharpie...

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:41 pm
by Rob
Yes! But not that brand (my only sharpie is a bit broad).

There is a tradition in Japan for using permanent or water based markers to line or even paint gundam models and I used a fine black (Copic 0.1mm) to line one I built (great fun it was too). I have access to Mrs Bob's collection of Letraset permanent Promarkers which have broad and small nibs and take adapters for extra fine and I intend using the latter to add a pattern to a part of a model figure I am currently painting (Bill Sykes in the figure GB on this forum).

A word of caution - permanent pen inks have a high level of pigmentation and are are a swine to remove from a basecoat so a steady hand is required!

Good luck.

Re: Using a sharpie...

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:13 pm
by MikeyKb
thank you very much!!!!!