AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Post Reply
Daimyo
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:49 am
Location: Lithuania

AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Post by Daimyo »

Hi guys,

Here is my first build. Made many mistakes by building it, I know it doesn't look very good compared to your models ;) But I hope my skills will improve in the future. I am ready for you critics :shifty:
IMAG0686.jpg
IMAG0713.jpg
IMAG0709.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daimyo
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:49 am
Location: Lithuania

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Post by Daimyo »

Here are some more pictures:
IMAG0694.jpg
IMAG0693_BURST003.jpg
IMAG0690.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daimyo
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:49 am
Location: Lithuania

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Post by Daimyo »

And some more :)
IMAG0705.jpg
IMAG0704.jpg
IMAG0697.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daimyo
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:49 am
Location: Lithuania

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Post by Daimyo »

WOW no comments at all :eeek: I knew it was ugly, but as it was my first I didn't expected that it is THAT ugly :lol: :scratch::
User avatar
greg74
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:26 pm
Location: West Vlanderen Belgium
Contact:

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Post by greg74 »

This is war machine - can not be lit up like a dog eggs :wtf: - maybe in the future more matte - except that it looks good - it's hard to believe that this is the first. :th:
Currently 'on the bench'

1/48 Eduard Me 109 F7 Trop
1/48 Hasegawa Ki43 II Oscar
1/35 "greg74" Factory with T34
1/35 Italieri BMP-2

https://www.facebook.com/grzegorzgreg.nowakowski
User avatar
alextheblue
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2679
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 am
Location: Slough, United Kingdom
Contact:
Scotland

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Post by alextheblue »

Hey Daimyo, not sure how I missed this thread, but I've only just seen it.

There's nothing ugly about this one at all, you've done a great job. I'm just about to get started on my first copter and if it's halfway as good as yours I'll be more than pleased! :th: :th:
"Courage is feeling fear and acting anyway."

www.alextheblue.com
Daimyo
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:49 am
Location: Lithuania

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Post by Daimyo »

greg74 wrote:This is war machine - can not be lit up like a dog eggs :wtf: - maybe in the future more matte - except that it looks good - it's hard to believe that this is the first. :th:
Yeah, the polish (varnish or lacquer I dont know how exactly it calls in english) ended up way to shiny... Now I bought completely matte polish, and wont repeat this mistake anymore
User avatar
Reddragon62
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 1:31 am
Location: Chicago Illinois U.S.A
Contact:

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Post by Reddragon62 »

Great job for a first. only wish my "first" build looked this good.
On My Bench:

Nothing at the moment. LOL
User avatar
Wayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:08 am
Location: Maidstone, Kent, England

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Post by Wayne »

Nice job Bud. For a first model its good.
User avatar
jmar829
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:06 pm
Location: Bloomington, IN, U.S.A.

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Post by jmar829 »

Pretty bird.
If you're going through hell...keep going.
–Winston Churchill


:fly2:
Daimyo
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:49 am
Location: Lithuania

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Post by Daimyo »

Thank you guys for the comments
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Post by Gav0909 »

When I got back into scale modelling a year and a half ago or so I also built this kit. But I managed to fog the canopy up, as I also modelled it open, and while I had masked it, I then got varnish on the inside through the open window!

You have already said, but yes ideally this would have a matt coat. But, its well painted, its well made and so you shouldn't worry, great effort! And not the easiest kit to build for a returner, lots of flash etc on the parts I remember.
User avatar
Rob
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1892
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:02 pm
Location: Kent, UK

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Post by Rob »

Nicely done
User avatar
AchtungPanzer
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2299
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Cracow PL

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Post by AchtungPanzer »

:th: First? Well Done .
EpoxySniffer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 12:48 am
Location: Scotland

Re: AH-64D "Longbow Apache" 1/48 Revell

Post by EpoxySniffer »

I agree, the only thing letting it down is the glossy finish, give it a spray with some dull coat and it will look fine mate.

I think it is a damn fine first attempt. :th: :th: :clap: :th:
Post Reply

Return to “Air Gallery”