D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

Hi all. This is what I’ve been working on lately. It’ a D9R propped on wooden blocks. This is the center piece for my latest diorama.

Image



Image



Image



Image



Image



Image



Image



Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by tiking on Sun May 24, 2020 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

The diorama. It looks complete but it is not. I still have to include the overhead crane, a couple more details, corrugated sidings at both ends with some details, and a welder figure. But so far, things are looking good.

Things yet to do:

1. Upgrade the steel bracing with minor bolt and plate details.

2. Minor weathering on the steel bracings, lower portions.

3. Complete painting of a welder figure.

4. Filing down, building, and painting a mobil tool metal chester drawers.

5. More weathering on the ground surrounding the D9R.

6. Addind corrugated sidings at both ends of the steel bracing.

7. Adding lighting fixtures and smaller details on the sidings...

8. Painting and weathering the crane rails.

... And whatever comes that needs attention. So you see, Still need more work before it is complete.



Image



Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by digger303 »

Tiking that is a hell of a scene you have built there with awesome skills to match.I'm really loving this I'v just seen so many bikes and cars lately it was sapping my mojo ( to those who know :nena: )
It looks weird seeing it naked like that just a central power block of steel. Man I really want to see this right to the end and see whatever other finial touches your going to do to finish it. I get a feeeling you know something about your subject ??
:bow:: :bow:: :bow::
:cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Fantastic diorama work
Quite literally blown away by this :jd:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

digger303 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:06 pm Tiking that is a hell of a scene you have built there with awesome skills to match.I'm really loving this I'v just seen so many bikes and cars lately it was sapping my mojo ( to those who know :nena: )
It looks weird seeing it naked like that just a central power block of steel. Man I really want to see this right to the end and see whatever other finial touches your going to do to finish it. I get a feeeling you know something about your subject ??
:bow:: :bow:: :bow::
:cheers2:
Thanks. I did my research on the subject matter. :)
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:49 pm Fantastic diorama work
Quite literally blown away by this :jd:
Thanks Scott.
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
Hawkmoon
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2121
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:19 pm
England

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by Hawkmoon »

:clap: :clap: :thumb2: Looks good to me and very nice work :clap: :clap: :thumb2:
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by digger303 »

tiking wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:03 pm
digger303 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:06 pm Tiking that is a hell of a scene you have built there with awesome skills to match.I'm really loving this I'v just seen so many bikes and cars lately it was sapping my mojo ( to those who know :nena: )
It looks weird seeing it naked like that just a central power block of steel. Man I really want to see this right to the end and see whatever other finial touches your going to do to finish it. I get a feeeling you know something about your subject ??
:bow:: :bow:: :bow::
:cheers2:
Thanks. I did my research on the subject matter. :)
It is a show stopper and a winner I'd say.
:bow:: :bow:: :cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

Hawkmoon wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:01 am :clap: :clap: :thumb2: Looks good to me and very nice work :clap: :clap: :thumb2:
Thank you kindly.
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

digger303 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:50 am
tiking wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:03 pm
digger303 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:06 pm Tiking that is a hell of a scene you have built there with awesome skills to match.I'm really loving this I'v just seen so many bikes and cars lately it was sapping my mojo ( to those who know :nena: )
It looks weird seeing it naked like that just a central power block of steel. Man I really want to see this right to the end and see whatever other finial touches your going to do to finish it. I get a feeeling you know something about your subject ??
:bow:: :bow:: :bow::
:cheers2:
Thanks. I did my research on the subject matter. :)
It is a show stopper and a winner I'd say.
:bow:: :bow:: :cheers2:
Thank you. We shall see if your words do come true. :)
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by digger303 »

tiking wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:27 am
digger303 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:50 am
tiking wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:03 pm

Thanks. I did my research on the subject matter. :)
It is a show stopper and a winner I'd say.
:bow:: :bow:: :cheers2:
Thank you. We shall see if your words do come true. :)
let us know how you go.
:th: :cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
ElCapitan
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1725
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:59 pm
Location: Glasgow
Scotland

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by ElCapitan »

Just say this thread for the first time - I'm absolutely blown away by it. Amazing work!
Rob
ElCapitan
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

digger303 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:11 am
tiking wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:27 am
digger303 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:50 am

It is a show stopper and a winner I'd say.
:bow:: :bow:: :cheers2:
Thank you. We shall see if your words do come true. :)
let us know how you go.
:th: :cheers2:
Will do.
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

ElCapitan wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:29 am Just say this thread for the first time - I'm absolutely blown away by it. Amazing work!
Thanks Rob.
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
unclepine
Private
Private
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:32 am
Canada

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by unclepine »

OH GOOD GRIEF...!!! THAT is one helluva nice build mate. I have the kit still in the box and your presentation has given me a bit of a kick to start it. Fabulous use of the "worn metal" effect on small things like the pallet trucks...NICE. I also LOVE the way the interior cables show part of the cab colour on the cables over the black...sweet. All in all one of the best dio's of a non-military vehicle I've seen in a long time...more please... ;-)

unclepine...aka Doctor Air...manitobamodelbuilders.org
Winnipeg
User avatar
alextheblue
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2679
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 am
Location: Slough, United Kingdom
Contact:
Scotland

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by alextheblue »

Beautiful work as always Charles and great to see you posting your work on the forum again. I just don't have the words to adequately describe my admiration for your work. Masterful!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :cheers2:
"Courage is feeling fear and acting anyway."

www.alextheblue.com
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

unclepine wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:57 am OH GOOD GRIEF...!!! THAT is one helluva nice build mate. I have the kit still in the box and your presentation has given me a bit of a kick to start it. Fabulous use of the "worn metal" effect on small things like the pallet trucks...NICE. I also LOVE the way the interior cables show part of the cab colour on the cables over the black...sweet. All in all one of the best dio's of a non-military vehicle I've seen in a long time...more please... ;-)

unclepine...aka Doctor Air...manitobamodelbuilders.org
Winnipeg
My gratitude for your uplifting words. Thank u. I will soon be done with this diorama. Have some points to tick off before calling it done. Hope you will like the new additions.
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

alextheblue wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:53 am Beautiful work as always Charles and great to see you posting your work on the forum again. I just don't have the words to adequately describe my admiration for your work. Masterful!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :cheers2:
Thank you Alex for your support. Appreciate your words of encouragement. Hope to complete this diorama pretty soon.
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
User avatar
Tomcat64
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Posts: 7188
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:24 pm
Location: Swindon, UK
England

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by Tomcat64 »

That D9R is just stunning work and I love the concept of the dio you're building up around it as well.

Just awesome - really looking forward to seeing it come along - please post regularly as you work on it :pop:
Cheers, Neil

On the Bench:
Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon - stalled due to stupidity
Tamiya 1/35 Stegosaurus Stenops
Tamiya 1/35 Sherman Firefly VC
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by BigWall »

Absolutely excellent work. Great job!
Joe

Image
User avatar
CygnusX1
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:24 pm
England

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by CygnusX1 »

That is some serious work right there.
What a stunning dio. Top drawer from beginning to end.
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

Tomcat64 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:05 am That D9R is just stunning work and I love the concept of the dio you're building up around it as well.

Just awesome - really looking forward to seeing it come along - please post regularly as you work on it :pop:
Thank you kindly Tomcat. Will hopefully post stage 3 sometime next week. Wish me luck. :hi:
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

BigWall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:51 pm Absolutely excellent work. Great job!
Thank you Joe. Glad you liked the results so far.
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

CygnusX1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:29 pm That is some serious work right there.
What a stunning dio. Top drawer from beginning to end.
Glad you think so. appreciate your response.
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

'Major Overhaul' Stage 3 Update!!!!

Post by tiking »

Ok guys. Here is stage 3. As you can see, since stage 2 was posted sometime ago, I've added a scratch built steel truss with an overhead crane.  The overhead crane is a kit from Walthers. Yes, it is a HO scale railroad kit. But within the parameters of this scale, its usage was perfect. I had to cut and splice the kit to fit the space I needed. I also incorporated some scratch built parts to give it some Ultimate! :) 

If you noticed, one of the mechanics has a remote control that operates the overhead crane. The crane itself was modified to simulate the new changes as it was manually operated by a operator who sat in a cab in the air. So, I justified this by the removal of that cabin and replacing the controls as a remote control device, in the hands of the operator. I have one issue, that I am still working out. It is to get the tension of the crane cables straighten out. It's a little better than before, but you can still see a little kink . Any suggestion let me know. 

I also added a scratch built corrugated siding at both ends of the workshop entries. Added a scratch built flood light at both ends as well. I added a fourth figure, a welder. I am still working at improving my figure painting, so don't hit me over the head, too hard. I know I still need more work. But I can tell, I am improving. :) I am still contemplating, if he should be welding where he is at the moment. I'm looking for other alternatives. so, he is not glued in placed until I've decided.
I've also added more detail in the armor cabin. You can see a wire hanging downwards, that looked it has been strip from whatever it was connected to, after being removed from the body. I thought it would add some interest to the effect of the diorama.

So far that's about it. Will try and take some better photos and post the final look, when I get everything finalized. Thanks for looking.



Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by digger303 »

Hi Charles,
Is the crane cable made from wire or thread, I found it difficult to tell as there was some lint on it. Sometime holding the hook down with pressure and apply some thin super glue with a brush until it sets can hold it in place. With metal cable you have to flatten that kink out otherwise it will always be there.
Since you asked for suggestions 2 things to me didn't look quite right was the electrical cable in door way...good idea, but looks over size same with pointy nosed pliers on seat compared to the size of a figure.
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by BigWall »

Absolutely amazing!

I hesitate to say anything because the quality is so high. The only thing that stands out to me is that the worker's overalls are too clean. After a while, even "clean" overalls are stained.
Joe

Image
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

digger303 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:21 pm Hi Charles,
Is the crane cable made from wire or thread, I found it difficult to tell as there was some lint on it. Sometime holding the hook down with pressure and apply some thin super glue with a brush until it sets can hold it in place. With metal cable you have to flatten that kink out otherwise it will always be there.
Since you asked for suggestions 2 things to me didn't look quite right was the electrical cable in door way...good idea, but looks over size same with pointy nosed pliers on seat compared to the size of a figure.
Thank you for your comments. The pliers are supposed to be 1/35. I think it looks ok. Then again every eye viewing this is different. I think you're right about the cable though. Will look at it again. Thank you.
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

BigWall wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:18 am Absolutely amazing!

I hesitate to say anything because the quality is so high. The only thing that stands out to me is that the worker's overalls are too clean. After a while, even "clean" overalls are stained.
Thank you. I will try and more dirtiness to the overalls. Thank you.
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
User avatar
Tomcat64
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Posts: 7188
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:24 pm
Location: Swindon, UK
England

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by Tomcat64 »

That just continues to be stunning, Charles - I love the way you've managed to capture the differing textures and weathering on the different surfaces (metal, wood, concrete etc) superb attention to detail.

You & Digger are right about the crane cable though, it doesn't look like it's under tension from the weight of the hook with the kink in it - hope that's not too difficult to sort out.

Just out of interest how big is the overall workshop?
Cheers, Neil

On the Bench:
Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon - stalled due to stupidity
Tamiya 1/35 Stegosaurus Stenops
Tamiya 1/35 Sherman Firefly VC
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

Tomcat64 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:27 pm That just continues to be stunning, Charles - I love the way you've managed to capture the differing textures and weathering on the different surfaces (metal, wood, concrete etc) superb attention to detail.

You & Digger are right about the crane cable though, it doesn't look like it's under tension from the weight of the hook with the kink in it - hope that's not too difficult to sort out.

Just out of interest how big is the overall workshop?
Hi Neil. Thank you very much. The overhaul scale, is 200mm x 400mm
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

I buckled up the corrugated sidings and dirtied it up a bit. Re-positioned the welder at the ripper instead, as I was told it would be better and more believable if he is doing welding work there instead. I managed to get the kinks out, about 99%. So I'm satisfied with it. Now, I have a couple more details to add, at least for now.

Image
Last edited by tiking on Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by BigWall »

Such an ambitious project! It looks great!
Joe

Image
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

BigWall wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:38 am Such an ambitious project! It looks great!
Thank you Joe.
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by Kevthemodeller »

Simply stunning :jd: the attention to detail is just awesome :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

Kevthemodeller wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:09 am Simply stunning :jd: the attention to detail is just awesome :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you so much Kev. Glad you liked it. :hi:
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
User avatar
Panzón
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:52 pm
Location: Texas
United States of America

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by Panzón »

I love the concept of your diorama. Your execution of it is incredible!
Mike Szwarc

My portfolio

On the workbench:
• 1:700 Yangtze River gunboat vignette from Aoshima's Katata/Hozu kit, and Niko's USS Luzon kit.

My stash

"This was the morning when Father, mending one hole in the thermos-flask, made three." ~ Dylan Thomas
User avatar
Bdiddy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:21 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Australia

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by Bdiddy »

wowee that is simply stunning, top notch work my friend!
Jesse

Current build: 1/24 Aoshima McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Next build: :scratch::
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

Panzón wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:03 pm I love the concept of your diorama. Your execution of it is incredible!
Thank u kindly Mike.
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

Bdiddy wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:15 pm wowee that is simply stunning, top notch work my friend!
Thanks Jesse. Made some small changes after these photos were taken. Will post updated and final photos when done.
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

Have done some changes since the last update.

1. Re-arranges a couple of the figures

2. Added oil spills and oil absorbents(they are basically materials used to help soak up as much oil spills as possible.

3. Re-arranged the cab and pallets to make room for a forklift(still contemplating if it will remain)

4. Added a couple of fire extinguishers. Will have to add a couple of signs too.

5. I managed to straighten out the kink in the overhead crane. Probably not 100% perfect but way better than in the last update.

Things left to do:

1. Add a figure in the forklift( only if I decided to keep it).

2. Some minute details.

3. A couple of signs.

And whatever comes to mind that will fit the space. Hope you like what you see. Until the next update. Thanks for looking.


-------------------

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by digger303 »

Very nice, some marvelous weathering ,fading and chipping going on. I don't think that forklift will lift those tracks. :thumb1:
:th: :th:
:cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

digger303 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:10 am Very nice, some marvelous weathering ,fading and chipping going on. I don't think that forklift will lift those tracks. :thumb1:
:th: :th:
:cheers2:
Thanks. The forklift is not there to lift the tracks. ;)
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by BigWall »

Nice improvements. It looks great!
Joe

Image
tiking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by tiking »

Thanks for looking Joe
Charles King
-------------------------------------------
Be different; build different
User avatar
RangerNeil
Major
Major
Posts: 4745
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:42 pm
Location: Dagenham
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

Post by RangerNeil »

Just gets better every time we see it. Congratulations!! :cheers2:
    Neil (yet another one...)

    On the board now:

    Airfix 1/35 Alvis Stalwart Mk2 FV622
    Hasegawa 1/48 A8 Crusader

    Scalemates stash info
    =58417&fkSTASHSTATUS[]=58417-Stash&page=stash]Scalemates Stash manager
    User avatar
    aur0ra145
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:44 am
    Location: TX
    Contact:
    United States of America

    Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

    Post by aur0ra145 »

    Very impressive diorama! :th:
    tiking
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant
    Posts: 350
    Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:56 pm
    Location: Sweden
    Contact:
    Sweden

    Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

    Post by tiking »

    Appreciate it guys. Thanks for looking.
    Charles King
    -------------------------------------------
    Be different; build different
    User avatar
    mincemeat
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major
    Posts: 702
    Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:14 pm
    Location: MN, USA
    United States of America

    Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

    Post by mincemeat »

    Wow, there's a ton going on there! Very nicely done.
    Current Builds
    Mk. A Whippet: http://www.intscalemodeller.com/viewtop ... 29&t=21073
    Panzer IV Ausf D Buddy Build with SteveAFV: http://www.intscalemodeller.com/viewtop ... 29&t=19653
    NoelSmith
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class
    Posts: 326
    Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:35 pm
    Great Britain

    Re: D9R - 'Major Maintenance' Diorama Stage 2

    Post by NoelSmith »

    Brilliant eye for detail. Looks very convincing. The wear and tear are so subtle, neither over or underdone and looking just right according to each of the areas on the machine.
    Post Reply

    Return to “Land Gallery”