krusty's maschinen krieger camel

Moderator: T3hGuppy

Post Reply
User avatar
krusty69
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:56 am
Location: phoenix az
United States of America

krusty's maschinen krieger camel

Post by krusty69 »

alright lets get this party started :banana: :banana: :banana:
I will be building hasegawa's 1/20 maschinen Krieger luna tactical reconnaissance machine lum-168 camel. well i'm off to work and will post sprue shots later tonight
krusty
spotcheem
New Recruit
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:35 pm
Location: Central Florida
Germany

Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

Post by spotcheem »

Great pick! Looking forward to the build!
User avatar
DBMiller
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2290
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Guilford, Vermont, USA
United States of America

Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

Post by DBMiller »

First up! Nice one too!
ON THE BENCH: Do I have to say? :(
User avatar
krusty69
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:56 am
Location: phoenix az
United States of America

Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

Post by krusty69 »

alright let's take a look at what i'm getting into. I bought the kit when we decided there was going to be a sci fi build, and I never looked in the box until tonight. it's definitely bigger than I thought, and a little bit more complicated. :violin: looks like it's poseable with the soft plastic parts and the rubber hoses. nice big tinted clear windscreen, pilot, and lots of marking options. can't wait to get it started, but I think i'm going to wait until the weekend.







thanks for looking
krusty
:tw:
ps
I got a few wild ideas about the paint
:whistle:
User avatar
Donkeywalloper
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:06 pm
Location: Burton upon Trent
Great Britain

Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

Post by Donkeywalloper »

I have no interest in SciFi really, but absolutely love the look of these kits.
Need to purchase one.
Will be pulling up the :pop: and watching intently,
DW
Bench:1/35 Tamiya Tiger 1 Mid Production with lots of Aftermarket Stuff
Completed: Vespid 1/72 Comet A10
Shelf: Lots (101 Kits of multiple scales) of Armour + couple of Flappy / Wing Things, found a KV2 95% built and primed four years ago. Plus a few Lego Tech kits, to help restore MoJo
User avatar
Gary30
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Wales

Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

Post by Gary30 »

Donkeywalloper wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:49 am I have no interest in SciFi really, but absolutely love the look of these kits.
Need to purchase one.
Will be pulling up the :pop: and watching intently,
DW
Same here, I started an entry into last years Sci-Fi build, but it ever got past the initial clean up stage :oops: maybe I will finish it one day :scratch::

But this kit looks like a lot of fun, I'll be sat next to DW.....stealing his popcorn :thumb1:
Portfolio
Click here
User avatar
Tomcat64
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Posts: 7188
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:24 pm
Location: Swindon, UK
England

Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

Post by Tomcat64 »

Wow there's definitely more in that box than I was expecting too - another really interesting subject and reminiscent of some of the Gerry Anderson stuff.

Hope DW brought plenty of popcorn :)
Cheers, Neil

On the Bench:
Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon - stalled due to stupidity
Tamiya 1/35 Stegosaurus Stenops
Tamiya 1/35 Sherman Firefly VC
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Cool stompy robot thing
This company makes such cool kits
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
krusty69
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:56 am
Location: phoenix az
United States of America

Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

Post by krusty69 »

well got a start on it today :banana: . spent two hours putting things together and I have know idea what they are :crazy: . the fit is good and i'm looking forward to the meat of the build

thank's for looking
krusty
User avatar
Tomcat64
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Posts: 7188
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:24 pm
Location: Swindon, UK
England

Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

Post by Tomcat64 »

Great start Bob, I hadn't spotted the parts for the driver/pilot on the earlier photos but he looks nicely detailed.
Cheers, Neil

On the Bench:
Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon - stalled due to stupidity
Tamiya 1/35 Stegosaurus Stenops
Tamiya 1/35 Sherman Firefly VC
User avatar
krusty69
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:56 am
Location: phoenix az
United States of America

Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

Post by krusty69 »

thanks guys
well one thing I can say this is a lot more kit than I thought would be. nine steps to get the legs together, and this thing is kinda big :jd:



been a really fun build so far, there will be a ton of hose to install after the paint. the interior of the crew compartment has a ton of detail, but it has a tinted windscreen and i'm not sure about how much will be seen, maybe I should look into lighting the interior.
well thanks for looking
krusty
User avatar
bfrd
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1993
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:43 am
Location: Carrollton, TX
Contact:
United States of America

Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

Post by bfrd »

Looking great. I have "almost" bought this kit more than once.
Matthew (or Bifford if you prefer)
Stash
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Definitely has a cool stance :banana:
Following your progress along
:pop:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
Hawkmoon
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2121
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:19 pm
England

Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

Post by Hawkmoon »

:th: Made this one myself a few years back and its a nice build, if you want the pilot to wear his helmet it will require some fettling to get it to fit but that was the only major problem I can remember on the kit. Coming together very well and nice work. :thumb2:
User avatar
krusty69
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:56 am
Location: phoenix az
United States of America

Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

Post by krusty69 »

thanks guys
got the major assembly's together, and started the painting. i'm using ak extreme metals and Vallejo model air on the interior. have lots of detail painting to do now.





having a blast building this, and really looking forward to the camo I have planned :whistle:
thanks for looking
krusty
User avatar
RangerNeil
Major
Major
Posts: 4745
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:42 pm
Location: Dagenham
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

Post by RangerNeil »

Looking good now - most unusual looking device!!! Really looking forwards to seeing the completed job.
    Neil (yet another one...)

    On the board now:

    Airfix 1/35 Alvis Stalwart Mk2 FV622
    Hasegawa 1/48 A8 Crusader

    Scalemates stash info
    =58417&fkSTASHSTATUS[]=58417-Stash&page=stash]Scalemates Stash manager
    User avatar
    Tomcat64
    Brigadier General
    Brigadier General
    Posts: 7188
    Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:24 pm
    Location: Swindon, UK
    England

    Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

    Post by Tomcat64 »

    That's coming together really nicely :th:

    Looking forward to seeing what you've got planned for the camo.
    Cheers, Neil

    On the Bench:
    Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon - stalled due to stupidity
    Tamiya 1/35 Stegosaurus Stenops
    Tamiya 1/35 Sherman Firefly VC
    Hawkmoon
    Chief Warrant Officer 3
    Chief Warrant Officer 3
    Posts: 2121
    Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:19 pm
    England

    Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

    Post by Hawkmoon »

    :thumb2: Coming together very nicely and great work :thumb2:
    User avatar
    krusty69
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant
    Posts: 535
    Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:56 am
    Location: phoenix az
    United States of America

    Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

    Post by krusty69 »

    thanks guys :thumb1:
    detail painted the interior of the crew pod, and the I don't know what it's called :wall: . will gloss tomorrow and start the weathering. also worked on the figure. now I just painted a bunch of figures for the 80's build and not very happy with the way they turned out. I used acrylics and just can't get the paint to blend well, even with a wet pallet. today I received a flesh color paint set from abteilung 502, the oils seem so much easier to blend and I have a lot of working time. my painting conditions are a lot different than most of you. it's 88 deg and 6% humidity, my paint dry's really fast :bash: . I may be on to something with the oils, i'm excited to try some more figures



    thanks for looking
    krusty
    Hawkmoon
    Chief Warrant Officer 3
    Chief Warrant Officer 3
    Posts: 2121
    Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:19 pm
    England

    Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

    Post by Hawkmoon »

    :th: :clap: :clap: looks good from here and nice work :clap: :clap: :thumb2:
    User avatar
    aur0ra145
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:44 am
    Location: TX
    Contact:
    United States of America

    Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

    Post by aur0ra145 »

    Coming along nicely!
    User avatar
    krusty69
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant
    Posts: 535
    Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:56 am
    Location: phoenix az
    United States of America

    Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

    Post by krusty69 »

    thank's guys
    tamiya panel line wash and a flat coat on the interior, and the pilot just need to add the hoses and I can button up the interior :banana:



    thanks for looking
    krusty
    User avatar
    digger303
    General
    General
    Posts: 16667
    Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
    Location: Western Australia
    Australia

    Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

    Post by digger303 »

    Choice work, lovely detailing and without the helmet the pilot looks like Buzz Lightyear 8-) :D
    :th: :th: :cheers2:
    Listen and appear wise
    Image
    Image

    scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
    Image
    User avatar
    Twokidsnosleep
    General
    General
    Posts: 18481
    Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
    Location: BC,Canada
    Canada

    Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

    Post by Twokidsnosleep »

    Oh that cockpit is awesome :banana:
    Really nice figure as well
    Good work :th:
    Scott

    On, Under or near the desk
    Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
    User avatar
    Tomcat64
    Brigadier General
    Brigadier General
    Posts: 7188
    Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:24 pm
    Location: Swindon, UK
    England

    Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

    Post by Tomcat64 »

    Great work on the cockpit & pilot :th:
    Cheers, Neil

    On the Bench:
    Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon - stalled due to stupidity
    Tamiya 1/35 Stegosaurus Stenops
    Tamiya 1/35 Sherman Firefly VC
    User avatar
    krusty69
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant
    Posts: 535
    Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:56 am
    Location: phoenix az
    United States of America

    Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

    Post by krusty69 »

    thank's guys
    had not planned on working on this today but :banana:
    finished up the cockpit, masked and shot the gloss black primer




    i'm going to go dark while I paint the camo it's going to be a surprise :banana:
    thanks for looking
    krusty
    User avatar
    digger303
    General
    General
    Posts: 16667
    Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
    Location: Western Australia
    Australia

    Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

    Post by digger303 »

    krusty69 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:22 am thank's guys
    had not planned on working on this today but :banana:
    finished up the cockpit, masked and shot the gloss black primer




    i'm going to go dark while I paint the camo it's going to be a surprise :banana:
    thanks for looking
    krusty
    Ahh going dark indeed.....your off to the pub :whistle: :D :lol:
    Listen and appear wise
    Image
    Image

    scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
    Image
    Hawkmoon
    Chief Warrant Officer 3
    Chief Warrant Officer 3
    Posts: 2121
    Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:19 pm
    England

    Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

    Post by Hawkmoon »

    :thumb2: :thumb2: Looking good and nice work :th: :th:

    I would recommend that fitting the pilot now is your best bet if your going to keep the helmet on him as its almost impossable to do with the front panel fitted to the cockpit area. Did you also notice the wind screen is clip on too.
    User avatar
    RangerNeil
    Major
    Major
    Posts: 4745
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:42 pm
    Location: Dagenham
    Contact:
    Great Britain

    Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

    Post by RangerNeil »

    That cockpit is am amazing piece of work!!! As ever I am very, very, impressed!! :)
    (don't know why but every time I look at the pilot figure I think Cosmonaut....)
      Neil (yet another one...)

      On the board now:

      Airfix 1/35 Alvis Stalwart Mk2 FV622
      Hasegawa 1/48 A8 Crusader

      Scalemates stash info
      =58417&fkSTASHSTATUS[]=58417-Stash&page=stash]Scalemates Stash manager
      User avatar
      digger303
      General
      General
      Posts: 16667
      Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
      Location: Western Australia
      Australia

      Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

      Post by digger303 »

      RangerNeil wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:43 pm That cockpit is am amazing piece of work!!! As ever I am very, very, impressed!! :)
      (don't know why but every time I look at the pilot figure I think Cosmonaut....)
      Without the helmet and that jaw line I think Buzz Lightyear....go figure :th: :th: :cheers2:
      Listen and appear wise
      Image
      Image

      scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
      Image
      BigWall
      Chief Warrant Officer 5
      Chief Warrant Officer 5
      Posts: 2961
      Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
      Location: Denver, Colorado
      United States of America

      Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

      Post by BigWall »

      [/quote]Without the helmet and that jaw line I think Buzz Lightyear....go figure :th: :th: :cheers2:
      [/quote]

      Ha ha! Me too.

      It's looking great!
      Joe

      Image
      User avatar
      krusty69
      First Sergeant
      First Sergeant
      Posts: 535
      Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:56 am
      Location: phoenix az
      United States of America

      Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

      Post by krusty69 »

      when we think outside the box, sometimes the box falls on out head :whistle:, what do they say about a learning experience, it's when something goes wrong. now i'm happy with the way it turned out, but theirs some problems. so lets take a look at what happened. I first painted some of the smaller parts with ak black base and then then used ak extreme metals. everything turned out fine, but I wasn't sure about that black base. I got some stynlrez gloss black primer and sprayed the model with that :th:
      next was ak extreme chrome, ok looking good (need to do more prep work). I was thinking about free handing the camo but I really wanted a hard edge. so masking, I have some ammo of mig masking sheet cut the mask and painted the second coat. this is were things started going a little sideways the copper color did not won't to cover the chrome, I used a entire bottle :wall:. worst thing was it came out matt, this paint really want's a gloss black base. ok in for a penny in for a pound. masked and painted the third color brass. covered well but still kind of flat looking. well i pulled the masks and they wanted to leave a little adhesive on the paint, and the heavy copper coat i have some paint lines :bash: . i'm hoping a couple of clear coats and some weathering hide those :whistle:
      i am happy with the way it looks :dance: . so detail painting i also need to add all the cables, and the chipping is going to be fun on this one



      thanks for looking
      krusty
      :tw:
      User avatar
      krusty69
      First Sergeant
      First Sergeant
      Posts: 535
      Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:56 am
      Location: phoenix az
      United States of America

      Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

      Post by krusty69 »

      allright how do you weather something like this :wall: . gunmetal, polished metal and good old Vallejo 70822. tomorrow will gloss coat and decal


      thanks for looking
      krusty
      User avatar
      digger303
      General
      General
      Posts: 16667
      Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
      Location: Western Australia
      Australia

      Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

      Post by digger303 »

      krusty69 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:31 am when we think outside the box, sometimes the box falls on out head :whistle:, what do they say about a learning experience, it's when something goes wrong. now i'm happy with the way it turned out, but theirs some problems. so lets take a look at what happened. I first painted some of the smaller parts with ak black base and then then used ak extreme metals. everything turned out fine, but I wasn't sure about that black base. I got some stynlrez gloss black primer and sprayed the model with that :th:
      next was ak extreme chrome, ok looking good (need to do more prep work). I was thinking about free handing the camo but I really wanted a hard edge. so masking, I have some ammo of mig masking sheet cut the mask and painted the second coat. this is were things started going a little sideways the copper color did not won't to cover the chrome, I used a entire bottle :wall:. worst thing was it came out matt, this paint really want's a gloss black base. ok in for a penny in for a pound. masked and painted the third color brass. covered well but still kind of flat looking. well i pulled the masks and they wanted to leave a little adhesive on the paint, and the heavy copper coat i have some paint lines :bash: . i'm hoping a couple of clear coats and some weathering hide those :whistle:
      i am happy with the way it looks :dance: . so detail painting i also need to add all the cables, and the chipping is going to be fun on this one



      thanks for looking
      krusty
      :tw:
      I swear it's about to lay a egg :think: :lol:
      It's coming together nicely and the paint looks good despite the huge amount of copper you had to use.
      :th: :th: :cheers2:
      Listen and appear wise
      Image
      Image

      scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
      Image
      User avatar
      krusty69
      First Sergeant
      First Sergeant
      Posts: 535
      Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:56 am
      Location: phoenix az
      United States of America

      Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

      Post by krusty69 »

      :banana: we are calling this one done :banana:
      tough modeling the last couple of days my ac unit took a dump, if I didn't have a portable evap cooler. i'd be screwed 111 degrees today
      so here's one pic the rest in the finished thread
      thanks to everybody who followed along and all the great comments :welcome:

      krusty
      :tw:
      I have to do a photo booth :wall:
      User avatar
      digger303
      General
      General
      Posts: 16667
      Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
      Location: Western Australia
      Australia

      Re: krusty's maschinen krieger camel

      Post by digger303 »

      terrific work :th: :th: :cheers2:
      Listen and appear wise
      Image
      Image

      scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
      Image
      Post Reply

      Return to “Build threads”