Page 1 of 1

Keith’s cave

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:18 am
by 1001kjk
I had this shed and wanted to turn it into a man cave
E3F47F06-16EA-45B0-90CA-2F3522E17357.jpeg
quotes from £20,000 to £3000 meant after watching Dan building his own and giving me some advice I had ago myself.
First job change the window
6176B532-F00A-426F-AD70-3727C315D0CA.jpeg
For a new custom made also had to change the wooden brace holding the roof above it
4C2E26F2-EB2D-4B87-A6B9-DBBF1DDFF391.jpeg

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:22 am
by 1001kjk
9C1EC902-61D4-4F3E-8DCF-F322DD8E45CB.jpeg
Next brace and insulate the roof,walls and floor
CFE46748-9303-403C-A22B-927BFF2B1953.jpeg
And fit a new door (second hand thanks mum)
87FFB3BE-873B-4BAB-BAFC-CF9A013332E4.jpeg
Now at the point of fitting the floor and the walls then time to talk to an electrician regarding power points :thumb2:

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:11 pm
by digger303
1001kjk wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:22 am 9C1EC902-61D4-4F3E-8DCF-F322DD8E45CB.jpegNext brace and insulate the roof,walls and floor
CFE46748-9303-403C-A22B-927BFF2B1953.jpeg

And fit a new door (second hand thanks mum)
87FFB3BE-873B-4BAB-BAFC-CF9A013332E4.jpeg

Now at the point of fitting the floor and the walls then time to talk to an electrician regarding power points :thumb2:
You have that well in hand Keith although I had to look twice at what I think is tape holding up the roof insulation... :th:
:th: :th: :cheers2:

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:03 pm
by 1001kjk
Yes it is the insulation kept falling when putting the boards up, funny no problem with the floor🤪

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:07 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Awesome :banana:
Love that you are doing it yourself, wish I were closer as could give you the extra window and huge resin door left over from our house build....both didn’t quite fit.
Really looking forward to following your work on this :th:
:pop:

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:37 am
by digger303
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:07 pm Awesome :banana:
Love that you are doing it yourself, wish I were closer as could give you the extra window and huge resin door left over from our house build....both didn’t quite fit.
Really looking forward to following your work on this :th:
:pop:
That would be kind of cool a small group going from one members place to another fixing up man caves in a leisurely manner with a small tot of rum or such here and there.
:th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:52 pm
by 1001kjk
Digger303 great idea
Well with help from my daughter floor now down
4E704933-63AC-41FA-8953-37A5D4B77CE2.jpeg

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:27 pm
by Kingdan
That's a great start mate you'll be in it in know time I'm glad I've inspired you and look forward to seeing the end result 👍🏻 well done

Dan

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:28 pm
by 1001kjk
Well an interesting jigsaw type puzzle today but that’s the walls done including a vent for the airbrush station.....getting there
A95A9591-554E-4537-9136-9984DDCF22E2.jpeg
FCEF3AB4-985A-4533-85CE-C7E03CF78FA0.jpeg

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:46 pm
by MikeIroc
great hide away

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:35 pm
by RangerNeil
I was looking at the last photo thinking you've got one HELL of a slope on the floor... Then I looked through the open door and realised the photo is upside down!! Doh!!!! :oops: :lol: :lol:

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:33 am
by digger303
RangerNeil wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:35 pm I was looking at the last photo thinking you've got one HELL of a slope on the floor... Then I looked through the open door and realised the photo is upside down!! Doh!!!! :oops: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:37 am
by 1001kjk
Lol oops sorry didn’t notice the pics were upside down

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:43 pm
by iflytb20
1001kjk wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:37 am Lol oops sorry didn’t notice the pics were upside down
Oh, they're upside down. I thought you were in Australia :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:07 am
by digger303
iflytb20 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:43 pm
1001kjk wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:37 am Lol oops sorry didn’t notice the pics were upside down
Oh, they're upside down. I thought you were in Australia :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I never actually noticed I thought they were fine :thumb1:
:th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:00 pm
by 1001kjk
Well a lick of paint, sockets in position waiting the electrician. The obligatory chair supplied by my children. Next step waiting for ikea to deliver. Thanks everyone for taking the time to look and comment :th:
91A9BB76-827C-4E62-BE50-56A4DB7EC2DC.jpeg
4A3F7635-C515-44C7-8C5A-3D2CF8FBCB4E.jpeg

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:32 pm
by digger303
Making some quick progress :th: :th: :cheers2:

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:20 pm
by 1001kjk
Well been awhile but had to wait for electrician and Ikea. Work surfaces and units in lights working. Time to move everything over
7A0F886F-0499-4CC2-BB93-1F13A2E7F8FB.jpeg
942839D1-3D1A-4D87-97A3-617D4F4797D6.jpeg

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:28 pm
by Kingdan
Mate that's looking great really glad you managed to get to do this and it's coming out great you'll have a really good space 👍🏻

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:32 pm
by 1001kjk
Thanks Kingdan had some great encouragement and inspiration from you amongst others. Gentle encouragement to get out from under my wife’s feet (furloughed) and lots of help from my padawan (daughter)
:th:

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:34 am
by digger303
Progress is being made and looking good. :th: :th: :cheers2:

Ps... Kieth turn camera right side up ....... :lol: :lol: it's all good :th: :th: :cheers2:

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:21 am
by Bdiddy
can't wait to see it finished mate, have been following along with a lot of envy lol. The desk looks great! :pistols: :pistols: PS fix your picture angles, im tired of putting my neck out :nena: :nena:

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:47 pm
by 1001kjk
Gents if you can explain how to get the pics to turn round I assure you they were when I took them :wall:

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:52 am
by digger303
Well if get it wrong taking the pic and when you shift it to flickr. Click on the image in photostream that will bring it up on it's own. Then to the lower right you will see 4 options the first one is edit click that and a rotate option will appear and you should be right after that.

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:40 am
by 1001kjk
Digger303 thanks

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:13 pm
by 1001kjk
E41E1C5B-DD02-45ED-B9FE-5A04ADC0E023.jpeg
So final post nice work place now to get to work as I’ve said before thanks Dan for the inspiration and thanks for looking and posting guys

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:31 pm
by Hawkmoon
:th: Looks a very nice cave and have fun in there :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :thumb2:

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:14 am
by digger303
1001kjk wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:13 pm E41E1C5B-DD02-45ED-B9FE-5A04ADC0E023.jpeg

So final post nice work place now to get to work as I’ve said before thanks Dan for the inspiration and thanks for looking and posting guys
Looks really nice, heaps of room and all those nice clean tidy surfaces....excellent result :th: :th: :clap: :clap: :cheers2:

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:59 am
by BigWall
What a transformation! It looks great!

Re: Keith’s cave

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:41 pm
by Kingdan
Looks absolutely spot on mate I knew you had it in you lol in a few weeks you'll wonder how you managed before 😂😂 its been great watching it all come together 👍🏻👍🏻