Page 1 of 1

Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:14 pm
by R36adelaide
Hi everyone,

Making a start on my next project on another Super GT car, this time the Z4 GT3 that was raced in the 2014 season. I'll be adding the usual upgrades along the way including the really nice photo-etch set from Hobby Design.

Image

First up was gluing the hood vents in, filling and sanding the joins.

Image

Then it was onto cutting out the molded in vents both front and rear and test fitting the mesh replacements.

Image

Image

Then I made a start on the assembly of the wing. I won't be able to fully assemble until after paint.

Image

Finally the set does a great job of improving the stock brake discs.

Image

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:19 pm
by jchrisf
Going to be a cool build. Great start!

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:56 pm
by Bdiddy
Awesome! Keen to see the progress of this build

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:28 pm
by R36adelaide
Made some more progress over the weekend. Got the body painted and the majority of the other parts in their base colours. Made a start on detailing the chassis and adding the decals. For anyone building this kit Fujimi cut the wrong angle for the BMW stripe on the front - you have to re-cut the decal the opposite way. Hard to explain but basically they wanted the BMW stripe to go red/dark blue/blue from left-to-right but it needs to be the other way. Also pick up some really nice metal exhaust tips to add later.

Image

Image

Image

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:19 pm
by jchrisf
Looks really nice!

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:08 am
by Bdiddy
Lookin the goods!

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:32 am
by BigWall
Looking sweet!

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:18 am
by Gary30
Looking forward to seeing those pipe tips installed, I have a Fujimi Z4 in my stash so I might invest!

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:02 am
by Bdiddy
Gary30 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:18 am Looking forward to seeing those pipe tips installed, I have a Fujimi Z4 in my stash so I might invest!
Build it Gary! :dance: :dance:

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:42 pm
by R36adelaide
Gary30 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:18 am Looking forward to seeing those pipe tips installed, I have a Fujimi Z4 in my stash so I might invest!
Yeah they're actually really nice and not too expensive - well worth it if you can get a set. Haven't worked out how I'm going to mount them yet, hopefully I can retro-fit them onto the kit exhaust mount.

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:06 am
by R36adelaide
More progress made this weekend. Decals on the body are now finished and ready for clear coat. I also finished painting and assembling the brakes.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:06 am
by Bdiddy
Great job on the decals mate, lookin sweet :pistols: :cheers2:

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:26 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Coming alive with the decals :th:

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:15 am
by R36adelaide
Got most of the interior detail done - still have to do all the details for the seats including belts and CF decals on the back.

Image

Image

Image

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:10 pm
by jchrisf
Wow! Great job! I can tell this is not your first build.
Image

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:07 pm
by R36adelaide
jchrisf wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:10 pm Wow! Great job! I can tell this is not your first build.
Image
Thanks! I may have made a couple of kits over the years...

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:20 pm
by bfrd
I LOVE what you have done with the interior! The extra lines you have added really make it pop! :thumb1:

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:42 pm
by LWWales
That interior is excellent! Looking great all round!

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:42 pm
by R36adelaide
Thanks for the comments guys!

More progress pics:

Got the body clear coated and polished and have started adding the final details including the wing and photo-etch canards from the Hobby Design kit.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:14 pm
by jchrisf
Really great looking build!

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:30 pm
by Bdiddy
Awesome mate, looks amazing :pistols:

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:18 pm
by LWWales
I like that! Done a great job, dude!

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:58 pm
by R36adelaide
Interior is all finished up! Now I'm onto the last little bits and pieces and it should be done.

Image

Image

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:00 pm
by Miiqqula
How the hell i miss this build :scratch:: Great work :th:

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:22 pm
by jchrisf
Great job! I looks awesome!

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:10 am
by BigWall
Very nice work!

Re: Fujimi Studie BMW Z4 GT3

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:09 pm
by R36adelaide
Thanks guys!

All finished up now: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=28752&p=356077#p356077