Page 1 of 1

Hello

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:45 pm
by WordenB
Hello ISM

Returning to plastic modelling after a break of nearly 40 years. In the meantime I have messed around with many other hobbies including rc planes and latterly cars (mainly crawler type). I do find myself more interested in scale stuff but rc can be so expensive and I have a long history of unfinished projects. Somehow I came across Paul's Subaru build series on YouTube and became hooked. The quality of the kit (and Paul's build of course) and the apparent relatively short completion time really appealed to me.
Not sure if I had even resisted the urge to throw it out I set about looking for the last plastic kit I started all those years ago, a Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312 T4. To my delight I found it had survived 2 house moves and remained relatively unscathed amongst the debris from the multitude of previous hobbies and unfinished projects. I started that kit in my bedroom with limited tools using the top of a fish tank as a table and it was brush painted in enamels however the half completed kit looked salvageable.
I thought it wise to learn and practice a bit before attempting to work on it so bought a couple of smaller cheaper car kits (inluding the Subaru) to try out some of the new paints etc. and the airbrush and compressor I obtained some years ago for a forgotten project. Not enjoyed myself so much for a long time, even finished something and yes, the Ferrari has made progress and will be completed before it's 40th birthday!

So thank you to all the contributers to this forum and the YouTube channel from which I have learnt so much, you really have been a saviour.

All the very best

WordenB

Re: Hello

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:15 pm
by digger303
Never too late :welcome: back to the fold :banana: :banana: :th: :cheers2:

Re: Hello

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:18 pm
by Bdiddy
:welcome:

Re: Hello

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:53 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Hello and welcome
Feel free to browse around and let me know if you need any help
:cheers2:
Scott

Re: Hello

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:56 pm
by Hawkmoon
:welcome: to the forum :welcome:

Re: Hello

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:43 pm
by SMAddict66
:welcome: back to the hobby and to this really friendly forum. I hope your re-engagement with the hobby continues to provide you with joy for many years to come.

Re: Hello

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:06 pm
by jchrisf
:welcome:

Re: Hello

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:14 pm
by Miiqqula
:welcome:

Re: Hello

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:32 am
by BigWall
welcome back!

Re: Hello

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:10 am
by Bdiddy
:welcome:

Re: Hello

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:21 am
by LWWales
Welcome back sir!

Re: Hello

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:14 am
by Kevthemodeller
:welcome:

Re: Hello

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:00 pm
by WordenB
Thank you all very much for the warm welcome, I hope to post some finished projects before too long!

All the very best

WordenB