1/12 Tamiya Honda RC213V - #93 Marquez

Post Reply
User avatar
Gary30
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Wales

1/12 Tamiya Honda RC213V - #93 Marquez

Post by Gary30 »

Built sdtraight out of the box, with the addition of the Tamiya fork set.
Enjoy the photos:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Portfolio
Click here
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: 1/12 Tamiya Honda RC213V - #93 Marquez

Post by Kevthemodeller »

A stunning build Gary, great looking colour and clear coats, lovely detailing :bow:: :bow:: :clap: :clap: :banana:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
Rugash
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:36 am
Location: NSW Australia
Australia

Re: 1/12 Tamiya Honda RC213V - #93 Marquez

Post by Rugash »

:th: Looks great, nicely detailed!
User avatar
Mpfiend
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:56 am
Location: Sussex
England

Re: 1/12 Tamiya Honda RC213V - #93 Marquez

Post by Mpfiend »

Very nice Gary,
The front Disc brakes look very effective, what colours did you use there?
Regards,
Keith
User avatar
barryf1fan
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: Prev OK, now St. Cloud, FL
United States of America

Re: 1/12 Tamiya Honda RC213V - #93 Marquez

Post by barryf1fan »

Just awesome, Gary!! I'm not a 93 fan (at all, really) but you did this one right! Love it! :bow:: :bow::

[Not sure if you noticed, but you got some gunk on your DSLR sensor, see pics 1-4. I have a Canon DSLR and you can actually clean it without damaging it. I was pretty nervous at first, but they make (flat) swabs and solution for it - or you can take it to a camera shop. They won't guarantee anything though. :thumb2: ]
All of us get lost in the darkness, Dreamers learn to steer by the stars,
All of us do time in the gutter, Dreamers turn to look at the cars.

On the Bench: Fujimi Porsche 911 GT3 x2 - Flying Lizard 2011 GT3 cars, #80 & #81
Up Next: 1/20 Tamiya McLaren MP4/5 F1
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: 1/12 Tamiya Honda RC213V - #93 Marquez

Post by BigWall »

Absolutely fantastic job! Very nice.
Joe

Image
User avatar
Bdiddy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:21 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Australia

Re: 1/12 Tamiya Honda RC213V - #93 Marquez

Post by Bdiddy »

Wow that’s turned out so awesome Gaz, absolutely love it! Can’t wait to see what you do with rally car :pistols: :pistols: :cheers2: :cheers2:
Jesse

Current build: 1/24 Aoshima McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Next build: :scratch::
User avatar
Gary30
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Wales

Re: 1/12 Tamiya Honda RC213V - #93 Marquez

Post by Gary30 »

Mpfiend wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:51 pm Very nice Gary,
The front Disc brakes look very effective, what colours did you use there?
I used X-10 gunmetal first, and then masked off and gave the inner part a very light dusting of XF-56 metallic grey. On the 1:1 bike, the whole disc is made out of carbon, so it's only where the rotor has been rubbing the brake pads where it changes colour.
Portfolio
Click here
User avatar
Gary30
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Wales

Re: 1/12 Tamiya Honda RC213V - #93 Marquez

Post by Gary30 »

Bdiddy wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:39 am Wow that’s turned out so awesome Gaz, absolutely love it! Can’t wait to see what you do with rally car :pistols: :pistols: :cheers2: :cheers2:
Cheers! Subaru project is on hold for the moment though, I had a minor mishap with one of the wheels, so I'm coming up with a plan b for that, once again, I amaze myself at my own stupidity! :wall:

I do have a new project on the go now though, it's interesting! :thumb2:
Portfolio
Click here
User avatar
Gary30
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Wales

Re: 1/12 Tamiya Honda RC213V - #93 Marquez

Post by Gary30 »

barryf1fan wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:25 pm [Not sure if you noticed, but you got some gunk on your DSLR sensor, see pics 1-4. I have a Canon DSLR and you can actually clean it without damaging it. I was pretty nervous at first, but they make (flat) swabs and solution for it - or you can take it to a camera shop. They won't guarantee anything though. :thumb2: ]
Cheers Barry, yeah I see it now, it's a cheap (old) camera now, I still have no idea how to use it really, just playing about with different setting etc trying to get something I like the look of. I really want to improve my photography skills.
Portfolio
Click here
User avatar
Bdiddy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:21 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Australia

Re: 1/12 Tamiya Honda RC213V - #93 Marquez

Post by Bdiddy »

Gary30 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:01 am
Bdiddy wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:39 am Wow that’s turned out so awesome Gaz, absolutely love it! Can’t wait to see what you do with rally car :pistols: :pistols: :cheers2: :cheers2:
Cheers! Subaru project is on hold for the moment though, I had a minor mishap with one of the wheels, so I'm coming up with a plan b for that, once again, I amaze myself at my own stupidity! :wall:

I do have a new project on the go now though, it's interesting! :thumb2:
Image

Maybe thats a sign to build the McLaren :tongue: :tongue: :nena: :nena:
Jesse

Current build: 1/24 Aoshima McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Next build: :scratch::
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: 1/12 Tamiya Honda RC213V - #93 Marquez

Post by LWWales »

Can't believe I missed this. Beautiful finish mate!
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: 1/12 Tamiya Honda RC213V - #93 Marquez

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

I missed this too in my absence
SUPERB motorcycle build, very impressive
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Gary30
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Wales

Re: 1/12 Tamiya Honda RC213V - #93 Marquez

Post by Gary30 »

Thanks chaps, I appreciate the kind words.

I was happy with how the build turned out, but still can't take a decent photograph to save my life, very frustrating as my models look so much better in the flesh than I am able to capture in a photo.
Portfolio
Click here
Post Reply

Return to “Land Gallery”