Page 1 of 1
Profil 24 models Maserati 450 S Le Mans 1957.
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:40 am
by Hawkmoon

This kit is a full resin kit from France the company are from Le Mans France.
On opening the sturdy card board box you see the instructions and below it lots of mellow yellow cast parts in resin placed in three bags but the single cast body is what your eyes are drawn too. Next comes two bags containing the metal rims and tyres. Four etch sheets are provided, one with car parts the other having the wire wheel system used. Another bag contains the wind screen and special parts. The decals are in a bag taped to the box lid.
The instructions are some of the best I have seen for this type of kit .One giving tips /hints on the build the other being the exploded view type system but this will need careful study as you have the option to build two cars.
The Rossi Red from Zero is a bit to modern for the car so it looks like the maroon will be the color used.
P9248437 by
andrew purchase, on Flickr
P9248440 by
andrew purchase, on Flickr
P9248441 by
andrew purchase, on Flickr
P9248443 by
andrew purchase, on Flickr
P9248447 by
andrew purchase, on Flickr
P9248452 by
andrew purchase, on Flickr
P9248457 by
andrew purchase, on Flickr
P9248459 by
andrew purchase, on Flickr
P9248461 by
andrew purchase, on Flickr
P9248463 by
andrew purchase, on Flickr

Re: Profil 24 models Maserati 450 S Le Mans 1957.
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:16 am
by BigWall
Very cool subject.
Re: Profil 24 models Maserati 450 S Le Mans 1957.
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:14 am
by Hawkmoon
Re: Profil 24 models Maserati 450 S Le Mans 1957.
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:47 am
by BOABModels
Wow! I've never worked with resin. This looks like it will be really aomething!

Re: Profil 24 models Maserati 450 S Le Mans 1957.
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:33 pm
by Philip
Looking forward to following your build.
I have the Profil24 Aston Martin dbr1 and project dp 214 waiting to build
Good luck and look forward to seeing more
Philip
P.s. have been thinking of getting this kit so interested in your view of it.
Re: Profil 24 models Maserati 450 S Le Mans 1957.
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:47 pm
by Hawkmoon
BOABModels wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:47 am
Wow! I've never worked with resin. This looks like it will be really aomething!
Philip wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:33 pm
Looking forward to following your build.
I have the Profil24 Aston Martin dbr1 and project dp 214 waiting to build
Good luck and look forward to seeing more
Philip
P.s. have been thinking of getting this kit so interested in your view of it.
Hi Boab
Thanks for looking in and your comments.Resin can be a bit different from normal builds as you will need to wear a mask to protect yourself from the dust also a good liquid putty is needed to fill any pin holes but nothing to serious. I have included a link to the shop where I bought from. :-
https://www.bluerace24.com/
@ Philip thanks for looking in and your comments It really is a nice kit with plenty of detail

Re: Profil 24 models Maserati 450 S Le Mans 1957.
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:04 pm
by BOABModels
Hawkmoon wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:47 pm
Hi Boab
Thanks for looking in and your comments.Resin can be a bit different from normal builds as you will need to wear a mask to protect yourself from the dust also a good liquid putty is needed to fill any pin holes but nothing to serious. I have included a link to the shop where I bought from. :-
https://www.bluerace24.com/
Thanks Hawkmoon.
My cousin paints miniatures like Warhammer and he said that using resin was quite different and a bit of a challenge. I had no idea about the particles.
I'll definitely check that website!

Re: Profil 24 models Maserati 450 S Le Mans 1957.
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:36 pm
by AirCadet424
This looks a very nice kit Andy and I'm sure you will do it great justice. I think it will look better, more nostalgic, in the maroon rather than the Rosso red. Will be watching your build with interest!
P.S. - There's some nice kits on that website and at very reasonable prices too.
Good luck and all the best,
Kev.
Re: Profil 24 models Maserati 450 S Le Mans 1957.
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:25 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Looking forward to this one

Re: Profil 24 models Maserati 450 S Le Mans 1957.
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:50 am
by pg265
Hi,
What a beautiful car and a beautiful kit!
I will follow the build with great interest.
Pascal