Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

So I was a bit scared of starting this one. It is my favourite Le Mans car of all time and one I've been lucky enough to meet in "person" at the British Motor Museum in Warwickshire.

Image

I was disappointed not to find the Tamiya version as that has a removable cowling and full V12 but to be honest, when I saw this on eBay I snapped it up. I got it for £32.

Here is an unboxing I did a little while ago. Turned out there were some nice extras in here too.

BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BigWall »

I really like this car also but can't squeeze it past the Porsches as my favorite for the time. I'm definitely watching with interest. I built one of these probably 30+ years ago. I think it was a Tamiya kit though I'm not sure.
Joe

Image
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

BigWall wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:20 pm I really like this car also but can't squeeze is past the Porsches as my favorite for the time. I'm definitely watching with interest. I built one of these probably 30+ years ago. I think it was a Tamiya kit though I'm not sure.
Well no one can rival Porsche for their heritage at Le Mans really.

This kit says 1989 on it so it's around that age. The Tamiya one has an engine whereas this is kerbside. The box says £8.99 on it too! 😂
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BigWall »

BOABModels wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:53 pm
BigWall wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:20 pm I really like this car also but can't squeeze is past the Porsches as my favorite for the time. I'm definitely watching with interest. I built one of these probably 30+ years ago. I think it was a Tamiya kit though I'm not sure.
Well no one can rival Porsche for their heritage at Le Mans really.

This kit says 1989 on it so it's around that age. The Tamiya one has an engine whereas this is kerbside. The box says £8.99 on it too! 😂
Ahh. Mine didn't have an engine so it must have been this one. It's amazing what has happened with kit prices. I guess that just means I'm old. I'd much rather pay higher prices and keep my LHS in business.
Joe

Image
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

BigWall wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:43 pm
BOABModels wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:53 pm
BigWall wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:20 pm I really like this car also but can't squeeze is past the Porsches as my favorite for the time. I'm definitely watching with interest. I built one of these probably 30+ years ago. I think it was a Tamiya kit though I'm not sure.
Well no one can rival Porsche for their heritage at Le Mans really.

This kit says 1989 on it so it's around that age. The Tamiya one has an engine whereas this is kerbside. The box says £8.99 on it too! 😂
Ahh. Mine didn't have an engine so it must have been this one. It's amazing what has happened with kit prices. I guess that just means I'm old. I'd much rather pay higher prices and keep my LHS in business.
I agree with you there.

I started on the interior but the instructions are like a Rolling Stones song - "Paint it black"! 😂

Image


I'm going to add some extras to make it more interesting and realistic.
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BigWall »

No colors anymore I want them to turn black

I agree. Unfortunately it won't be too visible once the cockpit is buttoned up.
Joe

Image
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

BigWall wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:11 pm No colors anymore I want them to turn black

I agree. Unfortunately it won't be too visible once the cockpit is buttoned up.
You're right there! When I saw the car itself I tried to sneak a look through some of the vents in the windows! 😂

BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BigWall »

BOABModels wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:55 pm
BigWall wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:11 pm No colors anymore I want them to turn black

I agree. Unfortunately it won't be too visible once the cockpit is buttoned up.
You're right there! When I saw the car itself I tried to sneak a look through some of the vents in the windows! 😂

Ya. I watched that. Thanks for sharing
Joe

Image
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

BigWall wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:33 pm
BOABModels wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:55 pm
BigWall wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:11 pm No colors anymore I want them to turn black

I agree. Unfortunately it won't be too visible once the cockpit is buttoned up.
You're right there! When I saw the car itself I tried to sneak a look through some of the vents in the windows! 😂

Ya. I watched that. Thanks for sharing
Awesome! Thanks, Joe!

First build video is now up! I did add a few more details.

BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BigWall »

Wow! That's a lot of detail that's going to be hidden. What if you opened up a door? I don't know if I would be ballsy enough to do it but it could be really worth it.
Joe

Image
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

BigWall wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:11 am Wow! That's a lot of detail that's going to be hidden. What if you opened up a door? I don't know if I would be ballsy enough to do it but it could be really worth it.
I think I'd need to be extremely ballsy to try that. Great idea though!

We went to the museum today and a friendly guide opened it up for us. It has a butterfly door which opens from the roof!

Image
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BigWall »

Very neat of them to do that! That had to have given you a lot more ideas for interior detail.
Joe

Image
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

BigWall wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:24 pm Very neat of them to do that! That had to have given you a lot more ideas for interior detail.
Definitely.

I got some more exterior shots too. Lots of mesh in small places. I have some left over from a rally car so that will be useful.

Image

Image

Image

That's my son's arm. If you take a toddler with you to car places, people are more likely to let you have a look inside! 😂

Image
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BigWall »

It's nice that you have the real thing so close for reference.
Joe

Image
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

BigWall wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:38 pm It's nice that you have the real thing so close for reference.
It's amazing really. I've actually sought out model kits of the cars I've seen at museums as I've been able to appreciate them close up.
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BigWall »

I had to laugh about the comment about your son's arm. When my kids were small we would take them to the local race track to watch the races. Afterwards the drivers were so nice about letting them sit in the cars. They thought that was the coolest thing ever. I'm 6'8". They would always offer for me to climb in. Even if I made it in I don't think I could have ever gotten back out. Those cockpits are tight.
Joe

Image
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

BigWall wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:35 pm I had to laugh about the comment about your son's arm. When my kids were small we would take them to the local race track to watch the races. Afterwards the drivers were so nice about letting them sit in the cars. They thought that was the coolest thing ever. I'm 6'8". They would always offer for me to climb in. Even if I made it in I don't think I could have ever gotten back out. Those cockpits are tight.
Haha! I don't get invited but my sons have sat in a Formula 3, the Queen's open top Range Rover, a 1930s Bentley and an Aston Martin Vanquish.

The lucky sods! 😂
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

Image

Bodywork is masked up for purple.

The set comes with an awful lot of purple decals but I just didn't think they would turn out as well as I'd like, so lots of masking it is!
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BigWall »

Nice! I'm watching with interest.
Joe

Image
User avatar
ryan81
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:42 am
Location: Wellington, NZ
New Zealand

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by ryan81 »

I'm not familiar with this car. Gonna be sweeeeeet though!
On the bench:
Tamiya Ferrari F189 1/20
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

BigWall wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:48 am Nice! I'm watching with interest.
Me too! :lol:

ryan81 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:14 am I'm not familiar with this car. Gonna be sweeeeeet though!
Thanks, Ryan. I certainly hope so!


I added an extended walkaround video to my channel!

User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

Image

So the masking went well apart from I missed one of the white lines on the engine cover! :wall:



Once it was dry I remasked it just for that last line. Now here is is just before decalling. Its on the chassis here for a test fit - fits with no issues at all.

Next video is up at 7pm today BST. I'll put a link when it's ready to serve.
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »


New Video of the Hasegawa 1/24 Jaguar XJR-9 is now up!

I think the masking and painting was pretty stressful... Now the decals!
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by LWWales »

Going well mate! The McLaren I'm.doing came with decals for the red, but I'm going to mask it and paint it. Did you mask it off with a stencil?

I'm thinking of photocopying the decals and making a stencil
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

LWWales wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:44 pm Going well mate! The McLaren I'm.doing came with decals for the red, but I'm going to mask it and paint it. Did you mask it off with a stencil?

I'm thinking of photocopying the decals and making a stencil
Thanks, buddy. That's what I plan to do when I make the McLaren too.

If you watch the video you can see what I did but yeah, I photocopied them and then used them for size and placement.
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

Image

So the decals are going on. Some of them split a little when going on but I'm trying to make the most of it. This kit is 30+ years old...

There were no tobacco markings in the kit (even though some were included in Japanese sets I believe) so I bought these ones from Model Works.
Image

https://www.modelworks.co.uk/index.php? ... h=Silk+cut

I was a bit worried these Silk Cut decals look a little too blue, we shall see!
User avatar
Gary30
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Wales

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by Gary30 »

Looking real nice mate! I have the Tamiya version in my stash to do in the new year so watching with interest.

One of my favourite cars of all time, I’m going to have to visit the motor museum, I didn’t know there was one on display there, thanks for sharing.
Portfolio
Click here
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BigWall »

It's coming along nicely! Hopefully the Silk Cut decals aren't too blue after you did such a great job of masking.
Joe

Image
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

Gary30 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:13 pm Looking real nice mate! I have the Tamiya version in my stash to do in the new year so watching with interest.

One of my favourite cars of all time, I’m going to have to visit the motor museum, I didn’t know there was one on display there, thanks for sharing.
Thanks, Gary. I'm a bit jealous that you have that one - the Tamiya one has a full engine!

It's a great car - make sure you ask one of the guides to let you have a look inside although I bet they won't let you open the engine cover! 😂
BigWall wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:32 pm It's coming along nicely! Hopefully the Silk Cut decals aren't too blue after you did such a great job of masking.
Thanks Joe! Time will tell! I've got the purple paint, some of the Hasegawa decals and these Silk Cut decals next to each other so I hope it works!
User avatar
Shunter
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:48 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:
Australia

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by Shunter »

These are some of the best looking cars....excellent work on the body painting, simply superb.
My decals just shattered as you looked at them.
User avatar
Gary30
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Wales

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by Gary30 »

BOABModels wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:55 pm
It's a great car - make sure you ask one of the guides to let you have a look inside although I bet they won't let you open the engine cover! 😂
My toddler can be pretty persuasive when she wants to be as well haha, I’ll try my best!
Portfolio
Click here
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

Gary30 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:14 pm
BOABModels wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:55 pm
It's a great car - make sure you ask one of the guides to let you have a look inside although I bet they won't let you open the engine cover! 😂
My toddler can be pretty persuasive when she wants to be as well haha, I’ll try my best!
Use that power! I told the guide the XJR-9 was my 2 year old's favourite car! Not a complete lie as he does love race cars and Jaguars! 😂
Shunter wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:56 pm These are some of the best looking cars....excellent work on the body painting, simply superb.
My decals just shattered as you looked at them.
Thanks a lot. Most detailed masking I've ever done!
Do you have this kit or is it a different one which the decals exploded on?
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

So the decals are now all on the bodywork and the gloss clear is curing under a plastic box.

I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out - there are three different shades of purple on there but they all look similar enough in my opinion.

Image

The video with the whole process will be online later.
Thanks for stopping by! 👍
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

Video is now live! Let me know what you think!


Cheers!
User avatar
DRUMS01
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2352
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:48 am
Location: Ohio, USA
United States of America

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by DRUMS01 »

Nice work Thomas on a challenging paint and decal scheme.

Ben
On the table or recently completed:

1/18 AV8-B Harrier - WIP
1/35 Churchill AVRE with SBG Bridge Diorama - DONE
75mm BMW R75 WW2 motorcycle with rider - DONE
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

DRUMS01 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:43 pm Nice work Thomas on a challenging paint and decal scheme.

Ben
Cheers, Ben. I feel I am on the home stretch now.
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BigWall »

It's looking great. I'm glad the decals match so well.
Joe

Image
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

BigWall wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:21 am It's looking great. I'm glad the decals match so well.
Thanjs Joe, me too. I'm going to get some more pictures up soon.
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

Lights!
Nearly ready to drive all night!
So my intention is to install LEDs which is something I have never done before...

I have drilled holes through behind each headlight and tail light wide enough to fit the micro LED bulbs.
Wish me luck!

Image

Image
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BigWall »

Nice! The lights will look cool.
Joe

Image
User avatar
Gary30
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Wales

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by Gary30 »

Looking good! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the LED's
Portfolio
Click here
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

Gary30 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:51 pm Looking good! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the LED's
BigWall wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:27 am Nice! The lights will look cool.

Thanks, chaps!


Here is my first test of both tail lights together. I painted over the back side of the indicator lights and it's stopped a lot of the light bleeding in I think.

Image
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

Image

And now the headlights.
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BigWall »

So cool. It looks great!
Joe

Image
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by digger303 »

What image host do you use, I can't see any pic's yet others can so must be a problem my end ? :th: :th: :cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

digger303 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:56 am What image host do you use, I can't see any pic's yet others can so must be a problem my end ? :th: :th: :cheers2:
Ah, I hadn't realised this was an issue. So my photos are links to the ISM Facebook page but I suppose if you don't use Facebook you can't see then.

Thanks, Digger. I'll try to find a different way. 👍 🍻

BigWall wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:41 am So cool. It looks great!
Thanks, Joe. Just have to put it together now!
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by digger303 »

BOABModels wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:22 am
digger303 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:56 am What image host do you use, I can't see any pic's yet others can so must be a problem my end ? :th: :th: :cheers2:
Ah, I hadn't realised this was an issue. So my photos are links to the ISM Facebook page but I suppose if you don't use Facebook you can't see then.

Thanks, Digger. I'll try to find a different way. 👍 🍻

BigWall wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:41 am So cool. It looks great!
Thanks, Joe. Just have to put it together now!
AHH....I see. Yet I do use FB, but don't go on the ISM page....maybe that's it I need to rejoin the ISM FB group.
:th: :th: :cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

digger303 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:55 pm
BOABModels wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:22 am
digger303 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:56 am What image host do you use, I can't see any pic's yet others can so must be a problem my end ? :th: :th: :cheers2:
Ah, I hadn't realised this was an issue. So my photos are links to the ISM Facebook page but I suppose if you don't use Facebook you can't see then.

Thanks, Digger. I'll try to find a different way. 👍 🍻

BigWall wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:41 am So cool. It looks great!
Thanks, Joe. Just have to put it together now!
AHH....I see. Yet I do use FB, but don't go on the ISM page....maybe that's it I need to rejoin the ISM FB group.
:th: :th: :cheers2:
Yeah, good idea!

In future I'll try to use a different host though in case this happens with someone else.
User avatar
BOABModels
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Location: Warwick, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BOABModels »

Image

The bodywork is on the chassis now although I haven't glued it down. I also added the headlight covers which have a little Humbrol British racing Green around the edges.

I'm really happy with how these lights look but I don't think I'll fit the battery pack inside unfortunately.
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1/24 by Hasegawa - 1988 Le Mans winner

Post by BigWall »

That's unfortunate. I'd have thought there would be enough room in the engine bay. The lights look really good though!
Joe

Image
Post Reply

Return to “Land Gallery”