Page 1 of 1

Carbon decal sheets

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:57 pm
by NellyTF
Hi Folks.

Does anyone know what the “graduation pattern” is on the carbon decals for the Tamiya 1/12 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-RR and where I can get decal sheets from?
B6904950-0EB6-4B41-A6D3-B6C2374F7EDD.jpeg

Thanks.

Nelly.

Re: Carbon decal sheets

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:18 pm
by Gary30

Re: Carbon decal sheets

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:30 pm
by BOABModels
NellyTF wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:57 pm Hi Folks.

Does anyone know what the “graduation pattern” is on the carbon decals for the Tamiya 1/12 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-RR and where I can get decal sheets from?
B6904950-0EB6-4B41-A6D3-B6C2374F7EDD.jpeg


Thanks.

Nelly.
I think it's that there are different styles of carbon fibre depending on the weave. The diagonal one seems most common to me. The set Gary suggested seems to have multiple styles and I'm pretty tempted myself.

Re: Carbon decal sheets

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:46 pm
by NellyTF
Thanks for that Gary30. I think that looks close enough to me. :cheers2:

Re: Carbon decal sheets

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:00 pm
by LWWales
The sheet carry suggested would be the way to go, both Tamiya so should match! I've used the Tamiya stuff exclusively until my current build and it goes down well and reacts to microsol lovely!

Re: Carbon decal sheets

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:04 pm
by Gary30
Yeah I've used the Tamiya stuff as well, MUCH better than the Tamiya decal sheets that come with their kits, it goes down lovely with some setting solution.