How to emulate aluminum dope (on canvas)
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:20 pm
Hello all.
Well, it is all coming togehter now. A few weeks ago I decided to take up scale modelling after a (way too) long break. As I mentioned in the introduction I will step it up a notch or two. Airbrushing and weathering are techniques I am about to try. Or I have tried my new airbrush setup and I loved it. I purchased a few of the AK Xtreme Metal paints, and my newbie results are quite good
To my question.
I am starting on a (Norwegian) 1/48 Gloster Gladiator Mk. I. The Gladiator was all canvas and the Norwegian version was with aluminum dope. I havent seen the finish in real life but I imagine that the aluminum dope surface is somewhat different from aluminum panels?
How do I emulate the canvas "feeling" in my metallic paintjob?
Well, it is all coming togehter now. A few weeks ago I decided to take up scale modelling after a (way too) long break. As I mentioned in the introduction I will step it up a notch or two. Airbrushing and weathering are techniques I am about to try. Or I have tried my new airbrush setup and I loved it. I purchased a few of the AK Xtreme Metal paints, and my newbie results are quite good
To my question.
I am starting on a (Norwegian) 1/48 Gloster Gladiator Mk. I. The Gladiator was all canvas and the Norwegian version was with aluminum dope. I havent seen the finish in real life but I imagine that the aluminum dope surface is somewhat different from aluminum panels?
How do I emulate the canvas "feeling" in my metallic paintjob?
