Beemax Lancia Delta S4 1986 1/24 - Reveal
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:44 am
Hi all, been a while since I've posted here due to this kit taking me 3 months, but I've finally reached the finishing line
Henri Toivonen's Lancia Delta S4 1986 Monte Carlo from Beemax with my first ever detail-up kit

Got a little burnt out on this kit due to a few key challenges but happy enough with the final product. My clear coat simply wouldn't lay down flat, which I'm still perplexed what was going wrong, and had a few other battles relating to fit and being new to photoetch.
Prepare for a lot of photos because I didn't do a build thread, and there are two ways to display this model
Kit quality was quite high, although if I'm being picky, it took a bit of extra work to get there due to quite a lot of flash needing to be removed.
Some pics from the build phase:







First time making seat belts and I'm really happy with the result. Found it to be a frustrating task, but by the end I had things running pretty smoothly. Main issue was the ribbon fraying and not fitting through the photoetch, which I worked around by taping the end until I was done with that piece. All up I would say 5-6 hours work, but worth it in the end. Not sure I will priorotise it for every model, but certainly for some favourites.



Interior assembly below. You might notice the rear wheels don't appear to point straight and also have some outward camber to them. This was one of a few fit issues I had with this kit, which I resolved by gentle bending into place once located on the body.







Bodywork painted in Tamiya TS-26 Pure White. Decals mostly went down pretty well - good quality stuff. The carbon decals from the detail kit really added to it I think. Masking and painting the inside was an absolute battle, to say the least


And final assembly:















On inspiration from other builds, I'm going to display it like this. Will really stand out in my display case as something a little unique










Next up is a 1968 Mk II Ford GT40 in Gulf livery (my first Fujimi kit), as well as helping a friend build a replica of his road R34 Skyline. Might take a quick break first with something a little less taxing - recently bought some Lego Technic
Thanks for looking in!
Henri Toivonen's Lancia Delta S4 1986 Monte Carlo from Beemax with my first ever detail-up kit

Got a little burnt out on this kit due to a few key challenges but happy enough with the final product. My clear coat simply wouldn't lay down flat, which I'm still perplexed what was going wrong, and had a few other battles relating to fit and being new to photoetch.
Prepare for a lot of photos because I didn't do a build thread, and there are two ways to display this model
Kit quality was quite high, although if I'm being picky, it took a bit of extra work to get there due to quite a lot of flash needing to be removed.
Some pics from the build phase:







First time making seat belts and I'm really happy with the result. Found it to be a frustrating task, but by the end I had things running pretty smoothly. Main issue was the ribbon fraying and not fitting through the photoetch, which I worked around by taping the end until I was done with that piece. All up I would say 5-6 hours work, but worth it in the end. Not sure I will priorotise it for every model, but certainly for some favourites.



Interior assembly below. You might notice the rear wheels don't appear to point straight and also have some outward camber to them. This was one of a few fit issues I had with this kit, which I resolved by gentle bending into place once located on the body.







Bodywork painted in Tamiya TS-26 Pure White. Decals mostly went down pretty well - good quality stuff. The carbon decals from the detail kit really added to it I think. Masking and painting the inside was an absolute battle, to say the least


And final assembly:















On inspiration from other builds, I'm going to display it like this. Will really stand out in my display case as something a little unique










Next up is a 1968 Mk II Ford GT40 in Gulf livery (my first Fujimi kit), as well as helping a friend build a replica of his road R34 Skyline. Might take a quick break first with something a little less taxing - recently bought some Lego Technic
Thanks for looking in!