Page 1 of 1

1/72 Airfix Gnat T1 - Hot Shots! livery [First time aircraft build]

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:12 am
by antonowski
Hi all,

Thought I'd drop a couple of pictures of my first aircraft build; the Airfix 1/72 Folland Gnat T1 in the Hot Shots! livery.

This is still a WIP, but I'm having a lot of fun so far particularly in the painting and weathering stages. Still got lots to focus on when it comes to the modelling side (to be honest, I think I was just impatient to try out some painting/weathering techniques) but given the fact it was a £6 kit I'm not too fussed if it doesn't come out "perfect" this time. More importantly for me is actually being able to finish something.

Image Image Image Image Image

Plans are to finish the build (wheels and under wing pods to finish) then create a small base/diorama and present as a gift.

Re: 1/72 Airfix Gnat T1 - Hot Shots! livery [First time aircraft build]

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:25 am
by digger303
Most importantly that you have fun and enjoy the process.
It does look good though.
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: 1/72 Airfix Gnat T1 - Hot Shots! livery [First time aircraft build]

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:32 pm
by ForeverPlasticKits
I don't know that US Air Force used some Gnat, good job on the weathering. :thumb1:

Re: 1/72 Airfix Gnat T1 - Hot Shots! livery [First time aircraft build]

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:50 am
by BigWall
I'm loving the Hot Shots livery! Nice work.

Re: 1/72 Airfix Gnat T1 - Hot Shots! livery [First time aircraft build]

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:03 am
by WordenB
Looks excellent, very well done! I've not built a plane kit for many, many years but at that sort of price and those results I might just give it a go.

Re: 1/72 Airfix Gnat T1 - Hot Shots! livery [First time aircraft build]

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:04 pm
by antonowski
Thanks everyone! I've just completed my 2nd build of a Spitfire MKI-a as well. Definitely having a good week of getting things done!