Page 1 of 1
eBay and PayPal
Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:58 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Hey, has anyone found that eBay isn’t accepting PayPal anymore?
I was ordering some bits and bobs from China and there was no PayPal option only a credit card.
No way in hell am I giving direct access to my credit card overseas to unknown entities, so bailed on the order
I read that by 2023 they will entirely phase out PayPal from ebay and move to Ayden??? an in house payment system
This will curtail my eBay purchases by leaps and bounds if this is true
Stupid
Re: eBay and PayPal
Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:50 am
by aur0ra145
I hadn't seen that. The added protection you had with Paypal was nice.
Re: eBay and PayPal
Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:00 am
by cor
Im still using paypal. The have the option to select what payment type from - paypal, credit card, after pay, and something else cant remember.
It should be working. If you cant see it as an option better send ebay a message.
Re: eBay and PayPal
Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:09 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Not all have the PayPal option…slowly eliminating it
Re: eBay and PayPal
Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:16 am
by cor
Interesting. We're usually last to hear about his down under.
I woulnt give ebay my credit card details either. That user data always ends up for sale somewhere.
You're in a bind, as we all will be soon.
Re: eBay and PayPal
Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:16 am
by Tomcat64
Interesting & no I hadn't seen that either - I've come across a couple of vendors that wouldn't take PayPal and assumed it was their choice (and avoided them).
From what I remember PayPal was originally set up by E-Bay and then spun out as a separate company a little while back.
If they're going to set up a new payment organisation that'll pull the rug out from under PayPal as I suspect that a large part (if not a majority) of their transactions are still via E-Bay
Re: eBay and PayPal
Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:23 am
by Garion77
I don't know about the part that ebay won't use PayPal anymore but I know that vendors don't have the obligation to use it. And from what I saw, but I'm not a big ebay user, it's mostly vendors from China that not using it.It's true it would be bad if they loose it. It's a nice added protection. But If they replace it by something equivalent...
Re: eBay and PayPal
Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:35 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Garion77 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:23 am
I don't know about the part that ebay won't use PayPal anymore but I know that vendors don't have the obligation to use it. And from what I saw, but I'm not a big ebay user, it's mostly vendors from China that not using it.It's true it would be bad if they loose it. It's a nice added protection. But If they replace it by something equivalent...
Yes this was a vender from China
Re: eBay and PayPal
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:26 am
by digger303
Login to your PayPal account first then continue to order and pay through eBay and it will work ok. Bit of a nuisance, but it still works
Re: eBay and PayPal
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:32 am
by DRUMS01
Thats exactly how it works for me (as digger said). I still have success when I'm logged into my eBay account to, but I suspect it has something to do with my sync of both accounts. I have not had any problems so far with any international sellers..... yet. Still if you are not sure, I would do what COR said, contact eBay about it.