Finished Photos of Evel Knievels' 1/18th Scale X-2 Skycycle
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:29 am
Fellow Modelers,
Below are photos of my 1/18 scale X-2 Skycycle Rocket flown by stunt performer Evel Knievel when he attempted to jump Snake River Canyon (Twin Falls, Idaho-USA) on September 8, 1974. The basic assembly is a 3D Printing I purchased from the Evel Knievel Museum in Topeka, Kansas-USA last year. Completing this project required a large amount of sanding, scratch-building and creating custom water-slide decals. The total project time was about 136 hours. The overall length is 15” (including nose boom and tailfin probe). The last few photos show the very crude 3D Printing before any work began, and the actual X-2 Skycycle on the day of the attempted jump.
I hope you enjoy the photos.
Phillip1
































Below are photos of my 1/18 scale X-2 Skycycle Rocket flown by stunt performer Evel Knievel when he attempted to jump Snake River Canyon (Twin Falls, Idaho-USA) on September 8, 1974. The basic assembly is a 3D Printing I purchased from the Evel Knievel Museum in Topeka, Kansas-USA last year. Completing this project required a large amount of sanding, scratch-building and creating custom water-slide decals. The total project time was about 136 hours. The overall length is 15” (including nose boom and tailfin probe). The last few photos show the very crude 3D Printing before any work began, and the actual X-2 Skycycle on the day of the attempted jump.
I hope you enjoy the photos.
Phillip1































